Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I used pol-ease 2500 from Tap Plastics Inc ( they're local ) for my mold release. I really love this stuff,pol-ease 2300 photo..jpg This spray is sooo easy to use.

Don't know if it leaves a gloss on gelcoat. I believe you can scrub the pol-ease 2500 area with soapy water ( to remove it's residue from the finished piece ).

DSCN1142.JPG DSCN1143.JPG I laid up 2 pieces of fiberglass 2.oz mat for my inside frame of the door. The inside frame will be used for attaching the upholstery panel. I'll use the extra fiberglass ( cut out from the center of the door frame piece ) . To install the cup holder. The dimensions of the fiberglass piece is : 17 1/2" x 20 1/2". I'll make a 1" wide frame this will leave me with a lot of extra fiberglass from the center of the piece.

Some photos of my latest purchase :s-l1600.jpg DSCN1144.JPG I removed 3 screws from the cross bones. I'll cut off some of the back to bring everything to one level. I plan to glass the 3 skulls to the center of the tailgate. I'll remove the funky spiderweb i attempted earlier. The spiderweb SUCKS ! compared to the 3 skulls.

Last edited:
What about the movies some kids are allowed to watch ? I have a 6 year old great nephew that is a killer clown's movie fan. All 3 of my great nephews aging from 11 to 6 years old have seen everyone of the ," saw " movies. The list oh horror movies goes on & on & on ......... I personally wouldn't let young children watch scary movies. The younger generations don't think the way we older people do. I've also seen photos of cars that are more scary than mine. I feel my car is mild compared to some others. Just my 2 cents worth.

The younger generations don't think the way we older people do. I've also seen photos of cars that are more scary than mine. I feel my car is mild compared to some others. Just my 2 cents worth.

Don't take it too seriously. I think ORF might be referring to some of us 'older kids' too! :rolleyes::roflmao:

I'll try to glass in my latch assembly today ( driver's door project ). The door wasn't fitting the door well like it should. So i ground away a portion of the fiberglass patch ( on the backside of the door ). Made a cut along the outer edge of the door , corrected the problem then clamped the door into the new position & glassed it back together. I also need to correct the door well. Now that i have the door where i want it to be , i'll form the door well around the door. I watched an extensive series of how to videos about chopping the roof on a 32 ford. The instructor repeated stressed that the door should be chopped first , then the roof will be made to fit the door. He made a lot of sense. So , i'm applying his technique to my door modification.

The instructor repeated stressed that the door should be chopped first , then the roof will be made to fit the door. He made a lot of sense. So , i'm applying his technique to my door modification.
Really? I have done it the other way around. Could you provide a link to the video?

A mechanic tested the lights in the future 3rd brake light ( the skull with ram's horns ). The light has 2 colors : one white & one blue. Looks like i have to remove the lights , disassemble them & replace the lights with red l.e.d ' s.

You can get 2 colored LEDS in one' bulb'

That was a really interesting video, thanks for sharing.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back