Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Thanks Spanky & Choppedtop for your likes. I'm also working on the future driver's door. I've already widened the door 4 1/8"s & i've started the hinge installation process. I made an aluminum form by tracing around the door hinge. Each side of the door hinge is 1/8" thick. The aluminum form is also 1/8" thick. I cut out a hole in the door's edge to fit the aluminum form. I encapsulated the aluminum form with i layer of duct tape. I taped the aluminum form in place & radiused the bottom corner with Bondo plastic body filler. I glassed in 6 layers of 2 oz. fiberglass mat. Tomorrow i'll cut off the excess fiberglass mat ( sticking out above the top of the door's edge ). I'll remove the aluminum form & place the door hinge in it's place. I'll drill holes into the 6 layers of fiberglass mat , through the holes in the hinge. I'll install 4 bolts ( which will secure the hinge to the 6 layered fiberglass hinge support ). I'm really cookin' BAYBEEEEE.

Photos of the door mods :DSCN1110.JPG This is a passenger's door. I'm modifyingDSCN1111.JPG it to fit the driver's side. If you look at the earlier photosDSCN1112.JPG of the door , you'll see blue vertical lines. There are 2 blue vertical lines by the words " door hinge ". That is where i made my first 2 cuts. I cut out a very narrow pie shaped piece. I'll push the gap together & glass it in. I also have a blue vertical line by the words " door latch side " I will make another cut on that vertical line. I will spread the door on the door latch side ( causing a 1/2" gap ). I will put the SAVED narrow pie shaped piece inside the gap. Then , i'll glass in the gapped area.

Last edited:
How much light will be reflected in the wrong direction at night?

These headlight lenses will be installed inside the cab ( interior lights ). When you open the doors , they will light up the car's interior. When you close the doors , they will turn off. Just like a dome light . They will be installed on the interior sides of my hardtop.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back