Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Thanks for your interest in my new project.DSCN0509.JPG DSCN0507.JPG DSCN0508.JPG Are my shackles positioned right ? If not , how should they be positioned ?

Thanks a bunch 2old2fast.

This is where people need and use a spring spreader to install their their leaf springs. Maybe someone with this kind of set up can chime in and give a hanger c to c dimension, or you can preload the spring to about 900# (assuming a 1800# vehicle) to see how much the eyes move apart and this would be your distance for your shackles at 45*.

I finished installing my rear leaf spring. The shackles are at 45 degrees while supporting the buckets weight. I also started installing the metal structure located under & behind the dashboard.DSCN0510.JPG DSCN0511.JPG DSCN0512.JPG DSCN0513.JPG I also installed the driveline.

7 days later & NO progress due to stormy weather. Looks like a couple of days next week might be good.

7 days later & NO progress due to stormy weather. Looks like a couple of days next week might be good.

Just look at it as some purposeful time to reflect and refine your plans and vision, not as lost progress . . .

As someone pointed out to me not long ago, it's all about putting the right spin on it.

Coming along nicely,

Darlene

Yes the spring leaf is too close to the bottom of the frame. I plan to notch that area out & weld in some 3/16" thick metal to reinforce the area.

Meantime ; I ordered 25 of these :three eighths by 24 spot weld cage nut.jpg They're called cage nuts. These nuts can be used in many different places. You weld them on. These nuts come in different sizes. The ones I ordered are 5/16" with a 16 thread pitch.

Last edited:
Coming along nicely, I gotta wait for warmer weather to do a little more fiberglassing as well. It's in the 20's here, my propane heater can only get the garage near 40 when it's this cold.

Tap Plastics sells a slow hardener , it will set up in a 40 degree temperature. You will have about 30 minutes to do your thang. It takes about 5 hours to set up completely on a 70 degree day.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back