Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I caught some moments of sunshine & I got busy glassing. I used 2 ounce mat across the inside. The 2 ounce mat is very thick. Next Monday & Tuesday is supposed to be sunny. I expect to be very busy. I'll take some more photos.

The hardener i'm using will set up in 40 degree temps. It will set up in 5 hours with 70 degrees. You can work it for 20 to 30 minutes @ 70 degrees. The mixing ratio is 1 oz. of resin to 1/2 oz. of hardener. On warmer days I use less hardener. Gives me more time to work. Less hardener means less heat generated by the hardener. Less heat means less warpage to your fiberglass body. Sure it takes longer to set up , I let my project sit overnight after every glassing job. The next morning everything is good to proceed further.

Last edited:
I've been glassing & block sanding my roof. Egads ! What a job that has turned out to be. But , it has to be done.

I'm still working on the roof in between storms. The 4" chop is going well. I'm also changing the arch on each side to a more squared off design.

I'm glad you like it Island Girl. My headlight/shock mounts came in today. I'll be setting them up tomorrow , if the weather is decent.

Looking good. What kind of windshield frame are you going to use? And how are you going to attach the top to it?

My windshield frame has a square cornered top & bottom. I got it from Ron Pope. I plan to hinge the roof below the rear window. I'll figure out what I have to do at the windshield. I also plan to install 2 windshield wipers & a heater / defroster. I want to drive this car all year long ( daily driver ).

I made a clip on one that would plug into a lighter recpt. It was good enough to pass NSRA Safety 23 insp. When not needed it is in the trunk.

Jim

It's funny how you read something and can't make sense of it. I read your post and thought how does the wiper work being plugged into the the lighter receptacle? Then I read it again and realized you were referring to the power!! Good idea!
Bill

It's funny how you read something and can't make sense of it. I read your post and thought how does the wiper work being plugged into the the lighter receptacle? Then I read it again and realized you were referring to the power!! Good idea!
Bill

Memory is the first to go--and then all else follows. Senior Moment? Who knows and who cares as long as you/we are having fun!!:):)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back