Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Hi Spanky ; I plan to shorten the long overhang. My roof was made by Spirit Cars for their extended t bucket. Their t bucket is lengthened between the dash board & the back of the bucket. RPM's t bucket is lengthened from the cowl to the firewall. This problem is an easy fix. I've already begun correcting the back of the roof that doesn't match the contour of the t bucket body. Everything's looking good. I'll take photos when I finish the correction.

Hey DonnyRay, here are some examples of car's with top overhang. Kinda gives a sun visor effect I'm guessing? I have more pics of cars with the same type of overhang. As long as it's anchored well I don't see a problem. I'd go with what looks good to you.
thumbnail_photo-5-18.jpg thumbnail_photo-3-15.jpg

I plan to remove about 1/2 of the overhang. I'm also going to add to the side of the roof & widen the doors. I'm going to try to install windshield wipers from a 2013 Camaro ( mounted under the cowl ). Thanks for the photos jetmech727.

I changed my mind regarding the 2013 Camaro windshield wipers. I plan to use a wiper assembly from a 2015 - 2017 Jeep Renegade. Looks easier to modify & install. The wiper motor on the Camaro assembly would cause a problem because it is on top of the assembly. The Jeep Renegade's wiper motor is lower on its assembly .

Sometime in the late 60's , one of the magazines did an article on installing cowl mount windshield wipers , showed how to make the "eyebrows" , the mounts under the dash and modify the stroke for the narrow windshield .Wish I could recall what mag , when ,etc.....

It's okay 2old2fast. I was expecting to have to go this alone. Any kind of help from other forum members will be appreciated. Eyebrows ? What are you talking about ?

It's okay 2old2fast. I was expecting to have to go this alone. Any kind of help from other forum members will be appreciated. Eyebrows ? What are you talking about ?
The wiper arm shafts come through the angled cowl ,in order for that to happen you either have to " French" the opening or form an " eyebrow".......google "eyebrow former".......

I googled it. I saw photos of dormers on housetops. I understand. I shall do this. I'll make a teardrop shaped buck. The circle area of the teardrop will be flat & the rest of the teardrop will angle downward toward the pointed end . Valuable advice !!

If you recess the surface that the wiper shaft comes through , you may not have sufficient arm clearance .....

It will take some engineering to make sure everything will work. Hence, prototyping and modeling! Otherwise it's trial and error.

Test T you beat me to the punchline but you are right, just get wet and enjoy it......If you drive enough you will get caught in the rain...………..

If you are in a position where your car must be inspected and state law dictates a windshield wiper to obtain registration , then its not useless , its mandatory !.....

Last edited:
yeah some states require it and i would check with local authorities to see if the manual type mentioned above would be satisfactory. otherwise, a well executed installation of a motorized wiper could be pulled off and be aesthetically pleasing while functional. subjective opinion aside these cars are meant to be different.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back