Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

That's the ones I was going to return. I realized the top bushings were the same 5/8" o.d as the bottom mount. I retrieved the mounts from the post office. I pressed the top bushing & the bottom mount into the polyurethane bushings. Everything's good now. I also apologized to Ron. I made another, " MISTOOK ! ". LOL !!

It's the polished aluminum wheel in the 2nd photo. I also used Ron Popes lower shock mounts. His mounts look great. Thanks for the photo Cooter.
Your welcome. This forum helped me build my car. Now I can hopefully pay it back. I like the 1st wheel myself.

The first & third wheels belong to the shop owner ( Leroy). I own the wheel in the middle. I plan to have the center spokes painted gray to match the front wheel. The tire is a Mickey Thompson made for street use. Nice hearing from you Cooter.

I am currently installing the windshield stanchions. I am also positioning the rear end. I'll get some photos tomorrow.

That old guy hanging from the mirror can't be that old, he doesn't have a second chin. In fact
he doesn't even have a chin at all!!! :cool:

Looks like you are planning to look thru the windshield, as a opposed to looking over the
windshield. My wife and I have been wearing googles for the last 3 years, so I'm thinking
about having my windshield shortened so that we look over it. Right now it's 19 inches high
and is tilled back at 15°. If I shorten it, I would cut it just above the the mirrors (not installed
yet in this photo) or about 7 inches above the windshield stanchions.

BTW, the more the windshield leans back, the harder it is to get in thru the door in a standard
size body. That's why I modified the stanchions from 30° to 15°. But with a shorter windshield,
the less the tilt make a difference.

FP01_WindshieldPost_6113.jpg

The actual windshield is 16" high. My HARDTOP requires a 20" high windshield. My mock windshield is merely a reference for positioning my hardtop. I need to widen my hardtop ; in order to do that , I have to place the hardtop on the car. So .. the first thing i'll do is : widen the hardtop. The second thing i'll do is: chop the top by 4". I'll take some photos of my progress.

This is for you Brian. How to get a spirit cars hardtop to fit an RPM big boy body. Here we go ! There's an obvious seam that runs down the middle of the roof ( from front to back ). Mark a line down the middle of this seam. I used an aluminum yard stick to mark around the window opening. I cut around the window opening & temporarily removed it. Next I cut the line that runs down the roof from front to back. Now my roof is in 2 halves. I positioned the 2 halves on my big boy body. I clamped the 2 halves to the rear fiberglass lip. I then measured the gap between the 2 halves. Tomorrow i'll add some 1' x 3" pieces of wood to hold everything in place.back is lined off for future cuts..JPG top is lined off for future cuts.JPG 2 halves of roof placed on body.JPG 2 roof halves sitting on mocked windshield.JPG DSCN0481.JPG

This hardtop was designed to fit spirit cars deluxe body. The deluxe body was stretched between the dashboard & the rear of the bucket. The rpm big boy is stretched between the windshield & the firewall. The whole rpm body was also widened 6"s .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back