Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Thanks for your like Raidmagic. These likes are very important to me when they are given by well accomplished builders. Basically ALL of the forum member car builders qualify as being AWESOME people. It's GREAT being a part of such an EXTRA CREATIVE group. KUDOS ! KUDOS !

I removed about 4"'s from the center area of the sun viser. I left the front corners the original length. Neshkoro & Raidmagic critiqued my dashboard positioning earlier in this thread . I took a hard look & made a change. The top of the dashboard is LEVEL now. I liked what i saw & glassed it in to place. Thanks a million Neshkoro & Raidmagic for your honest opinions. You guys were spot on.

I wouldn’t say I’m spot on, just relaying my experiences. If I can help someone not make the same mistake as me, I think I did my job. It’s better to learn from someone else’s mistakes than your own!

Looking good D-R. I don’t comment much around here, but I enjoy watching the builds and the thought you’re putting into yours is commendable.

Thanks WyoGeorge , Raid magic & Spanky for your likes. I plan to glass that half round piece of fiberglass to the inside of the roof. I'll drill some holes through the half round fiberglass & into the top of the windshield frame. Then i'll tap some threads into the holes to fasten down the front of the roof. My fiberglass insert arrived today. I purchased it from Spirit Cars in Flippin Arkansas. I'm going to make it work in my Big Boy body. Can i git a BIG BOY HOWDY from y'all ??

I made 2 sheets of fiberglass by using 3/4 oz. mat, I use one layer of mat for each fiberglass sheet. The sheets are 22" wide by 28" long. The sheets are transparent & can be cut with a pair of scissors. The sheets are very flexibleDSCN1449.JPG DSCN1450.JPG DSCN1451.JPG I used a piece of 1/4" x 30" x 24" of polypropylene ( resin won't stick to it).

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back