Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need some prayers

MikeAdministrator

New
I spent the night sitting with wee Laylah. I told a friend in England Laylah will never remember last night and I will never forget it.

I'm praying for Layla ANN, you and the parents, as all chidren are born out of love and are innocent of sin. God be with you and your family my friend.​

My daughter would get all worked up also when she was in the N.I.C.U unit. I would cup her bottom with my hand and that calmed her down. The people in N.I.C.U. truly are angels in my book. Good luck.

All of you are in my prayers.

Apologies for being away, but this has been a hectic week. In addition to Laylah's birth, I moved to a new home, so things have been really crazy.

Laylah will be headed home in a just a couple hours. Prayers were answered.

Friday morning, it was plain to see she had really undergone a huge turnaround, throughout the night. The removed her oxygen, Friday afternoon, and pulled her off the IVs and feeding tube, yesterday.

Her Grandpa is not doing so well. Yesterday, we were bringing everything to the new home and on the drive I got really woozy. I helped move some stuff up here and went back downstairs to grab some more. I got very woozy and disoriented. Billy (my son) saw something was wrong, so he apparently brought me back up here and sat me down. I realized I had only had about 90 minutes sleep over the previous 48 hours and had not eaten anything for over 24 hours. He ran and grabbed some sandwiches and I ate one and drank a lot of water. I finally gave up and went to bed.At 2:00 AM, this morning, I could barely get down the hall to the bathroom. Billy brought over some sweet rolls and a soda, so I ate and went right back to sleep. I have been up for a couple hours, but I am still not feeling quite right. He's getting pretty insistent about taking me to the emergency room, and to be quite honest, if I am not feeling better before long, I am going to give in to his demands.

But the important news is that Laylah fought her way through her challenges and is going home.

Well Grandpa, now the fun begins. You have a strong willed girl there that is going to have you so wrapped!!! Thank the Lord for favors!

Well, that's me, home after a five hour stint in the emergency room. Blood work, EKG, CAT scan of my head (which was found to be empty), chest X-rays, a bag of IV fluids and a scrip for Meclazine later, they're really not too sure what is wrong with me. (A bad case of the can't help-its is my personal diagnosis.)

So they are listing it as vertigo.

The good news is the CAT scan was clear, the chest X-rays were clear and the only problem with the blood work was my potassium level is a teense low. Duh, I've been on blood pressure meds for over a decade, trying to keep my potassium up has aways been a challenge.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact I still feel the room spinning around me... :confused:

Well Grandpa, now the fun begins. You have a strong willed girl there that is going to have you so wrapped!!! Thank the Lord for favors!
Yeah, I'm already wrapped. I sat with her, her first two nights. She was wanting to feed, so she was working the stew out of her pacifier. She would suck so hard, when she would relax, she would blow it out. So, I did what any Grandda would do - I stood next to her bed and held it in her mouth for her.

The nurses were amazed and more than a little amused. I explained I've always had Laylah's older sister right she wants me and they admitted Laylah was doing the same thing. :oops:

Pic-03022013-002.jpg

Her poor cheeks were irritated from the tape they were using to hold her nasal tube and her feeding tube, but those will clear up in a couple days time. But she is home and is holding fast to her feeding schedule, so after all this Meclazine they gave me, I am going to go get a full night's sleep. For the first time in almost a week.

Good luck with the new granddaughter And it looks like ya'll have been truly blessed by the Lord. You take care of yourself too, when you can, from one Grandad to another. And may God continue to Bless you and yours.

Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Take care of yourself so you can take care of her

Everything that has happened, including moving into a new place, and I presume a demanding job would take a lot out of a younger man. Take it easy for a while and get back on your feet. Eat small meals 6 times a day. It takes a lot of energy to digest large meals.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back