Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Paint lesson

fletcherson

ok, well I have been away from my build for a while, life happened, again... My son was rear ended by a stupid female texting and she had progressive insurance, a cheap assed POS company, from my experience, who refuses to be honest and pay to fix the car or pay enough to replace it so I had to friggin do it to get him out of my truck and back on the road to work...I had to chain the car to a tree and use my old wrecker to pull it and straiten the frame. It actually worked great, all the parts lined up, the quarter panels straitened out, all good. Got lucky and found decent parts at the boneyard, everything went well till paint time... Mind you I grew up in a body shop, literally, and painted professionally for years. BUT I bought new guns a while back and haven't used them, actually, I haven't painted anything to speak of in a long time, and my son bought a brand of paint that I haven't sprayed..... Oh well, the car is black and shiney. I will, unfortunately, be wet sanding and buffing the darned thing. Ugh! The darned clear refused to flow no matter what I did, so I reduced it (even though it isnt supposed to be per the mfg instructions) and kept misting it to get the modeling to melt, that part worked fine, but there are several recesses that accumulated wet material, so I have some runs, one of my most hated issues, right after orange peel, what I was fighting. Lol..... Oh well, back to feeling like a amateur... I guess thats as close to feeling young as I will get! Thankfully it's clear coat and is easy to fix... Never a quick fix anymore, it seems. I wonder if my attorney can add to our claim for my frustration?

I doubt the frustration claim will go far, but do not forget, the vehicle has been depreciated due to the wreck. The amount of depreciation should be figured into the claim. Good luck,

I doubt the frustration claim will go far, but do not forget, the vehicle has been depreciated due to the wreck. The amount of depreciation should be figured into the claim. Good luck,
Thanks, insurance companies don't buy sports arenas, sky scrapers, and parking garages by being generous, lol.....grrrrr!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back