Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Plumbing residual valves

I am using the MC from Spirit. I just remembered something else, I did buy a power bleeder. I finally realized that I still had air trapped in the lines. The power bleeder did the job. The bleeder looks like a gallon jug with two tubes going into the top, one for fluid to the MC and the other for the pump to pressurize the MC. Came with 3 or 4 adapters. I think it was about 80 dollars.

I was going to suggest the same thing except I use a vacuum bleeder. You hook the tube to the bleeder on the brake, start the vacuum, open the bleeder and then just keep adding brake fluid to the master cylinder to make sure it doesn't run out. Simply reverse the steps to close it down. I also have had power bleeders, both work but the vacuum doesn't squirt fluid everywhere if you create a leak. It has always solved the problem for me, as long as the bleeder on the disk brakes is rotated to the very top of the reservoir on the caliper. Sometimes you have to take the caliper off the spindle to rotate it correctly.

They were two different sizes. One reservoir is also larger than the other. Using a power bleeder will also will find any leaks you may have.

They were two different sizes. One reservoir is also larger than the other. Using a power bleeder will also will find any leaks you may have.
Both of my out ports are 3/8 fittings. It doesn't fit what Spirit says it does because I've used one from a mid 70's ford and they have always had two different size out ports. Looks like I may be changing m/c.

Wanted to thank everyone for your help with my brakes. Ended up drilling a new hole in the pedal closer to the pivot point. Gave me a 6:1 ratio.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back