Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

progress this weekend

Rooster, you have just earned your pay for the weekend...

P1000922.JPG

I am using stainless screen also (finer mesh, though), and I have been scratching my head on how to mount it. You have just solved the mystery for me!! Thanks, dude! :thumbsup:

BTW, did you get your screen from McMaster-Carr?

i got the screen from one of my customers who builds large filters. and thats liquid nails.

Rooster, You have your brake pedal where your gas pedal needs to go?? Move it (bend it and lenghten) to the other side of the steering column, be a ton more comfy to drive... Just my take on it... use either 3/8 stock, or weld two thinner pieces together to keep strong...

Great work rooster! What kind of front end set up are you running? I will have my car ready for you to re-wire next week...LOL.

BTW - Still waiting on that portable spa...LOL.

CCR front axle ,38 ford spindles, stock 74 chev impala rotors and calipers,speedway front spring. home made radius rods. My wiring all worked first time so i wont be changing the kinda beer i drink.The wife (warden) is using the SPA. Its kind sad.

Thanks TED i am looking at that the petal is 3/8 plate i think i will bend it or put the petal pad on the other side.

In my body, which I think is the same as yours, I just have enough room for my left foot on the left side of the steering column, and don't think I would want the brake pedal over there as well. You might put the column in and sit in there before bending anything.

Jeff

409T said:
In my body, which I think is the same as yours, I just have enough room for my left foot on the left side of the steering column, and don't think I would want the brake pedal over there as well. You might put the column in and sit in there before bending anything.

Jeff

Mock up Mock up Mock up! You can't do enough of that while building a car... just MHO...

409 r u saying leave it alone ? I sat in it and it seemed ok but i was setting on a board. I can make a new pedal easy enough and make the ofset the other way . And yes the body is the same as yours

I don't know how much these pictures will help. They are taken through the steering wheel, from as far away as my arm would reach. Nevertheless, my left shoe is touching the steering column, and when I step on the brake the inside edge of my right one only misses the column by about 1/4 inch. That is if I step squarely on the brake pedal. I believe that if you move the pedal to the left, your toes will hit on the underside of the steering column when you step on the brake. However, mounting and unmounting a pedal is no big deal. I just thought you should be careful if you were considering bending the brake arm.

Jeff

that looks like what i got. i will evaluate after the interior is in and report back. Thanks for the pics

Rooster, perhaps these pictures may give you an idea. What I did with my "arm" was to cut off the bent threaded part that mounts the "pad". I then fabricated a new pad mount out of some heavy gauge angle that I had laying around to locate the pad where it worked the best for my car. I attached said piece of angle to the arm with two bolts that go into two threaded holes in the arm.

The first picture shows it with the pad attached to the angle and arm. The second shows how the angle is attached to the arm.

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

Yes that looks like mine except the angle is on the right side of the vert pedal shaft. I think i will make a new pedal and instead of bending the Bolt tab right i will bend it left. that would move the pedal pad 1.25 to the left. gotcha! Thanks!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back