Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiator cap pressure?

PeteT

Thought I'd order a rad cap while I'm getting some other bits and pieces and see they (Speedway) sell high pressure ones. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to these? I gather they increase the boiling point but can the system take the extra pressure ok?

Thanks Pete

I run the high pressure cap from Speedway, I have run it hot enough to lose some water so it had to over come the cap. I use a Griffin radiator and a racing water pump. So it will withstand the pressure.

RPM said:
i was having an overheating problem with the blower car. So I put a higher pressure cap on it. It did not fix anything. Turned out it was a timing issue.

I don't think I'm going to be running quite as much power as you lol

Just had an email back from the engine builder and he's saying a 15lb cap should be fine as it will run cool with ali heads (SBC)

Thanks for your replies

RPM said:
i was having an overheating problem with the blower car. So I put a higher pressure cap on it. It did not fix anything. Turned out it was a timing issue.
Hmm, that sounds just like what happened to me. backed the timing down some and overheating problem solved.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back