Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Some ideas I like, seeking input

Look at some of the old Zipper cars for ideas. Darrel really did a nice job on the design. Magoo taught him real good.

Ron
Darrell sold the company a couple years ago. I think he's making banjos now or something like that. New owner's name is Jeremy, seems like a nice enough fella. I like the basic concept of the Zipper cars, but they're a little too polished for my taste, if that makes sense.

Now that's more like it! I just got a few pics of that car from Ex Junk. Is that shipping to a terminal? Its definitely cheaper that way. I had my body shipped from CA to here in Indy using Watkins and it was only a few hundred to the local terminal.

I definitely like that body. We have a customer that wants to have us build him a '27, and I'm looking at that same body, but with a long pickup bed and 32 nose. Hopefully we can get it shipped to a terminal here in Indy for a few less $$ than that. There's also a guy in IL that has the old Strand molds (basically same as Zipper's) - not sure yet what he's charging for his body.

If you go with the old Strand body, dont order the inner door panels. I made that mistake. They where so warped I couldn't get the doors to fit. Hopefully the new owmer is laying them up thicker than the one I got. Also ask how he boxes them for shipment. Mine came in a single ply cardboard box and was broken in 2 places.

Tko006Small.jpg

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back