Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restoring A T bucket that sat 10 + years

Could be air in one line, a caliper or wheel cylinder slightly hanging up, is one adjusted too tight and heating up? Just go over it methodically.

Make sure you have the headlight plugs wired properly. Sounds like the wrong wire in the socket is going to ground.
It is wire correctly i checked that first for some reason only have a relay for the high beam i will add a relay for the low beam

Could be air in one line, a caliper or wheel cylinder slightly hanging up, is one adjusted too tight and heating up? Just go over it methodically.
I removed the hub and found crap on the shoes and stuck on the inside of the drum , wasn't much about 3/4 " all the way around I sanded it clean see what happens too hot to go out now need to wait till morning

I didn't realize you have drums on the front. Still, new brake shoes are cheap, and while you're at it, check those drums. New ones are not that much, and a BIG safety factor!

I didn't realize you have drums on the front. Still, new brake shoes are cheap, and while you're at it, check those drums. New ones are not that much, and a BIG safety factor!
Problem is what are they ? Ford , Chevy, molar, what year ? They look new now not sure where the crap came from this is the problem I have had since getting this car no information on it ,

Remove one and take it to your local brake repair shop - they should be able to ID it.

Reactions: Guy
Close up pictures may help us help with ID. Another option is find out what spindles you have (close up picture) and update to disks.

Back when I worked as a mechanic and installed drum brakes every day, our method to adjust was to tighten them till the wheel would only spin about a quarter turn after spinning it with the wheel installed... you should hear and feel resistance, try to get equal friction on them. They will break in in short order. We re used the shoes till they were down to the rivets as long as they weren’t oil soaked... just sanded the glaze off and readjusted. Keep in mind that this was in a fleet garage so cost was primary.

it's back together I didn't think to take pictures maybe some on my home PC I will look today and post but everything looks to be new , now getting back to the low beam headlight I am looking to buy the kit but so many online can anyone tell me what relay kit. I need I have the normal old type sealed beam with hi and low beam in one lamp . I will let everyone know how it drives this morning

5tRMM7Fiq1r7NCZxFA79D_XpEEnrcoSkrV1IdSAHMeZ00jErnV2nLaaRfLg5J22khTYtwzZKW5KapdMW1oRS9cDOUtv1woOK4Jp8CR7mTM_2zB0EvI2fFWdkg5TA2J_S8lIYsVCbGl3Thg2Pkb9RMNgcPTv-u5z801fYBOvSKn4E05SjzV8MTjbqNVK2HTY9TgMn9xPD-p90_DSZf_dkciR9fb-9JHSB4-fRFoQkXGjjkEoXtByezdlVKVjZGT3pew__ZsyzIB9L0Z8aOpnTNqFIY9q5WYJV8azXnXCZAWxL_a6o_qIwX3-xHk11xFHWKZ5UXJaA5rLfQFrh2abv6osDcZxc9pRJJJVS6kKQmvNeHttu35yJdUcqhtcO3oj8DnRHuQIfzfAdUFbo36teQAW21RJ-mxjpb-88otNV9pgPQK4iCH_VCtZuJv7R2P77d0LChbpuOqCslPYxFyIiBtoDzqk1xGiUuRM2CFlFh8IkHx0F0jaeM7vlfQGz4QC2aeZypuxSmoTkNuEE7rfSMOu4Z65FNmcLXlyXMJP7x3Gx_TW2xSMly1_BNUmy-z1rgNN5uinm2XHw0ngnDO8ur7_vBiBiUcDM2vcqeRrK01Ve0Yiuea6bNwIvbC_yxSNVHDGxodHgHANMsT7fQJRy5XWMBp7SDY43=w668-h890-no

Turns out my from hub and shoes are Mopar, 1966 D100 fits perfectly . see what happens in the morning , notice the lower spring was not on correctly long thin part should be touching adjuster so it cant move unless adjusted , also i noticed the shoes are different sizes , dose anyone know if they had them on correctly , larger shoe was on the back side ?

A relay is a heavy duty switch that works from a light duty switch. As long as they will carry the load any switch will work. I think I bought a bank of 6 from Jegs

I have used them on my 06 miata engine swap. They were purchased from Delcity also. Delcity also sells wiring pigtails for their relays.

I have used them on my 06 miata engine swap. They were purchased from Delcity also. Delcity also sells wiring pigtails for their relays.
I just looked on Delcity i ask them if the one i am looking for and gave them a part number will work ,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back