Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rodeo at the Bash

Hotrod46

Just wondering what events are put on at the rodeo?

I found a barrel racing video on You Tube. Looks like fun!!:wall:

Here's he video.

[ame]

Just don't see many shows with driving events anymore! All show and shine now.

Shoot, most of the shows around here don't even have Poker Runs anymore. Folks just pay for a hand of cards and never move their cars!

Mike

I think it's because of insurance.

There's a "no driving skill contest" clause in there somewhere, so if (God forbid) something happens, there's going to be problems... especially in today's litigious and economic climate.

It was all fun and games until someone brought up the LEGAL issues, I know.

Last year at the Darryal Starbird car show in the opposite end of the expo center they were having dirt track and monster truck races. This area is way to small for such an event . It was a small dirt track with 2 jumps. All the drivers had to park along the inside wall to await their turn. ( inside event) When it came time for the open class a local guy in a timed event took off and after leaving the second jump throttle hung or came loose and he paniced and ran over two people and killed them both right in front of me and my Son-in-law. So my point is haybales or parking and spectating in a safe area is a must. JMHO

T-Odd said:
I think it's because of insurance.

Yeah, I know. It's a shame though.:sob:

You wonder how any of us that are over 40 ever managed to survive. By today's standards, we grew up in a world so dangerous that none of us could possibly have made it.:)

Mike

My son Jesse put a poster of James Dean in the office here and it has a quote from him on it. "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." Jesse is my son so of course I'm proud of him, but I really enjoy watching him cuz he works hard and he plays even harder. He dosen't watch life go by, he experencences it to the max. Now for me I'm older now and my body tells me there are some things I just don't want to experence any more.
Now I'll stop cuz my blood is starting to boil just thinking about the regulation we are now oppressed by just to protect us from our selfs by people whos main concern is there own self intrest. ARRRRRG

Hotrod46 Here is an event even the lawyers will like. "Blind fold driving" it goes like this, The driver is blind folded then the passenger scoops up an egg with a spoon that is taped to a pole. The passenger then directs the driver threw a set of cones to a basket where the egg must be placed with out breaking it. The driver then takes off the blindfold and moves on to the next part of the event. We did have a mishap last year when 23Tzer ran over the basket of eggs but then as grandma used to say "you can't make an omelet unless you brake a few eggs."
I am sensitive to safety issues as we have so many kids watching. To keep speeds down the rodeo is based on points and the time only counts if there is a tie in points. Also the barrel race is on a lower parking lot far away from the spectators. You could say the barrel race is more of an exhibition than a race cuz Sheryl dominates so much it reminds me of Richard Petty when he was the KING of NASCAR.
We are laying out the course plan this week and hope to have a few new twists and turns this year. The boys from Springfield have started what is now a great annual event.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back