Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Saddest Day of a Car Guy's Year

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The ones up north anyway. The toys go away for the winter. I always dread this time of year...

Yep.....gettin too cold to ride and be comfortable. Wife says we should go on a ride new Year's Day 1 mile for every degree of temp that day. I hope it's zero that morning. One would be OK since we could put up with that since it would be a very short ride...about 2 minutes. If it's 15 then we got a problem. Too cold for too long.

Yep.....gettin too cold to ride and be comfortable. Wife says we should go on a ride new Year's Day 1 mile for every degree of temp that day. I hope it's zero that morning. One would be OK since we could put up with that since it would be a very short ride...about 2 minutes. If it's 15 then we got a problem. Too cold for too long.
On the contrary, Its time for the upgrades that you didn't want to do in the summer! I hate Winter too! lol

Ever rode a motorcycle in the winter or maybe a snowmobile? Just suit up and GO!!

Ever rode a motorcycle in the winter or maybe a snowmobile? Just suit up and GO!!
Once upon a time when I was young and before all of my youthful misdeeds caught up with me and started to hurt, I used to ride a dirt bike on the ice with home made studded tires. What can I say, it was a small town! It was fun until you went down. It still hurts! I do have a rail buggy that I am thinking about getting out in the snow. Getting my ass out of the house is a chore in the winter though!

I rode my motor cycle to work today 35 degrees. 17 miles. I had blue jeans long sleeved shirt, swether and a leather bomber jacket. Plus neck warmer. Was I warm? not really. Was I cold? Not really. Was it fun? Really.

The first week of October I put my bucket up for the winter for the 47th time. Each year it gets harder to prepare it for storage, get it up on the wheel dollies and pushed back into the corner of the garage. Now I'll spend the next months wondering if I'll be able to get out and running again come spring.

This is how my Camaro spent last winter:

20141029_155526-M.jpg

This year I fixed that problem. I turned my Camro into this:

20141031_190451-M.jpg

Let it snow baby!!!!

Isn't this about the time that Jim (Ex Junk) brags about hot rodding all year long in FL? ;)

Maybe he can show us a nice pic of his ride at a hooters cruise-in to warm the rest of us up! :roflmao:

Isn't this about the time that Jim (Ex Junk) brags about hot rodding all year long in FL? ;)

Maybe he can show us a nice pic of his ride at a hooters cruise-in to warm the rest of us up! :roflmao:

Here's the picture that you asked for, Ben. I hope that it gets everyone in the Christmas spirit.

Jim

In Louisiana I look forward to the cooler temps in the fall and winter. It is not quite as nice as Florida but it's all I got. ;)

In Louisiana I look forward to the cooler temps in the fall and winter. It is not quite as nice as Florida but it's all I got.
C'mon up north. It is currently 21°, with a wind chill number of 10°. Thankfully, the snow they were forecasting for today never materialized, although I saw some flurries blowing around, just before sunset. It's so cold here, the politicians have their hands in their own pockets!

C'mon up north. It is currently 21°, with a wind chill number of 10°. Thankfully, the snow they were forecasting for today never materialized, although I saw some flurries blowing around, just before sunset. It's so cold here, the politicians have their hands in their own pockets!
Cold in Ohio today as well. Light coating of snow and damp with a sharpness to the wind. Basically miserable, but nice in front of the wood burner in the garage, looking at the disassembled T-bucket and shooting the bull with a couple friends after a good meal. I haven't started on the mods yet, but close to starting on it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back