Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sanderson Zoomie Question

falcon50

I am looking to order Sanderson zoomies (sb chevy/ZZ4 crate motor) but don't know which length is best.My preference is the shorter the better but if longer is easy to live with that's fine. I just have no idea what would work.

I am looking to order Sanderson zoomies (sb chevy/ZZ4 crate motor) but don't know which length is best.My preference is the shorter the better but if longer is easy to live with that's fine. I just have no idea what would work.
Falcon, unless you are running a blower the zoomies are going to hurt power rather than help...But they look cool....ruggs

also check with state regs passing inspection with zoomies can be a little tough. Because exhaust exits in front of passenger compartment

I had the 16" Sanderson Zoomies on Mine. I took them off because they're REALLY loud with a top.

DSC00068.JPG

I also had 16 inch Sanderson zoomies with their baffles on mine. I have a blown engine and loved the sound but it is just to loud to enjoy hours of driving. Guess my wife and I are getting old!!! At 67 you wouldn't think we could hear them!!!

Joe

I just ordered the 19" Sanderson thermal ceramic coated zoomies for my T. It looks like most of the T's I've seen with the zoomies are using the 16" version, but I choose the 19" because I like the longer sweeped look and am hoping that moving the exit end a little further down and out will help with the noise inside the car! The big consideration is probably ground clearance. Check with Sanderson for that, but they told me that the 19" zoomies measure 17" from the top of the tube at the flange to the bottom of the bend closest to the ground. I didn't ask, but am assuming that the 16" give close to another 3" of ground clearance. Good luck!

I just ordered the 19" Sanderson thermal ceramic coated zoomies for my T. It looks like most of the T's I've seen with the zoomies are using the 16" version, but I choose the 19" because I like the longer sweeped look and am hoping that moving the exit end a little further down and out will help with the noise inside the car! The big consideration is probably ground clearance. Check with Sanderson for that, but they told me that the 19" zoomies measure 17" from the top of the tube at the flange to the bottom of the bend closest to the ground. I didn't ask, but am assuming that the 16" give close to another 3" of ground clearance. Good luck!

I home built my zoomies. They are 18" from flange tom bend. I have plenty of clearance but my car is pretty high off the ground. No baffles, VERY loud

Matt

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back