Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SBC fuel pump

akitagandy

I have to buy a fuel pump for a mild 350,What do you all think is best electric or manual? and on that note does anyone have any extras they want to get rid of?

If one will fit the frame go with a stock manual, trouble free,no wiring,easy easy ps your build is lookin great

I have to buy a fuel pump for a mild 350,What do you all think is best electric or manual? and on that note does anyone have any extras they want to get rid of?

I recently installed an Edelbrock performer. It's supposed to be matched with thier carbs and works well for me.

I like the look of the old mechanical pump unless you need high pressure and/or high voulume can beat the price. I am running a new mechanical pump from NAPA and getting 7 to 10 pounds of pressure at my 650 CFM Eld and never starved it.

I have a generic electric pump in the back, because the mechanical pump won't fit between the frame rails.

Hey....the only thing I got against the mechanical pumps is the rubbing factor of that arm on a cam lobe or that pushrod. I once opened up a 265, and when I was disassembling it and pull the old mechanical off....there was actually metal dust in the old motor oil there by the pump...

ever since then....I know it'd be a one in a million chance of it happening agian....rubbing should be left to the piston skirts and rings....everything else needs to glide or roll....

Hey...but its up to my customers....if they want the mechanicals....I get the ones that you can still take apart and service....you can jack the prerssure up on these really easy for performance applications....

Don't get me wrong....I like the looks, and the performance....just not the design, but hey....thats just me. I like the electrics....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back