Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SEE YA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided a while ago that I wanted this played at my funeral. The Reverend Gary Davis from the album A Little More Faith (1961 I think it was) with "When I die, I'll Live Again"

That motorcycle wreck I had last year really opened my eyes to the fact that I am prepared for the inevitable whenever I am called. I have no regrets and I thank what I'll refer to as the Creator for this life.

Rick,

I am a new member who joined after reading this post, which has been linked on Hottroders forum by Randy (nolimits).

Sir, since you have shown us the courage to say good bye, then its only fair that I muster up the courage to tell you that I do wish you go in peace. You are in all our prayers and in our thoughts, and our tears run because of them.

I have never met you, and you may never get the chance to read or respond to what I write here today. However, I do want to say that I believe a man's most important moment is when he leaves us, for at that moment, he has become the complete sum of his parts. And that sum dictates whether he will be loved or hated, remembered or forgotten. This much is clear to me: you leave this world with lots of brotherly love and respect.

Go in peace, brother. Be at peace. Leave the pain and worries for those of us who stay behind. It is a burden no longer yours to bear.

Whatever your faith, God bless.

Hello Rick,

I just joined this forum after reading about you at Hotrodders.com. I'm an old guy that built 'T' Roadster pickups back in the mid '60s and still love them. It is my hope for you that you find peace and comfort soon.

Frisco

It matters not where you are, nor where you've been, but rather where you're going.

From a fellow Hotrodders member, wretched ratchet:

Howdy Rick, I have just recently heard of your crisis and even tho I do not know you, please know that you and your family and friends are in "our" prayers. May the Good Lord bless you and yours with Peace and Understanding as you travel these last weary miles. I find great comfort in the words to the song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" and I pray it will do the same for you.

For those interested, HERE is the topic over at HotRodders.com.

Frisco and LT1Silverhawk, I want to thank you for taking the time to post to this topic. It's heart-warming to see men who are willing to demonstrate compassion for others. May God bless you both. Richly and abundantly.

Rick, I don't know you, not even on the forum, but Randy from over at Hotrodders thinks a lot of you and that's good enough for me. I can see by the thousands of posts on the forum that you have been great contributor to the T bucket community, it isn't family but darn you have made a difference. And if you have made a difference on this forum, that tells me that you have made a difference in your real family too, and that includes friends. That is all we can ask as we leave this earth, have we done some good, you have. God bless you, you and your family are in my prayers.

Brian Martin

Here's a good song... Stay strong and keep your head high Mr.Rick..

rick, i do not know what to say.. but i can say im riding that fine line also. even tho they have me on oxycotin+percets+ativian.. i just take it one day at a time.. best we all can do.. im not religious and have died for 2 minutes already.. just be strong, stay close to your family, and try to smile around them will make them feel good. rock on.
chris.

Rick,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad to cancer a couple of years ago so what you're going through is all too real to me. God be with you, Rick.

Kevin Grimm
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

Rick,

It was just 2 weeks ago when you were giving me advise on my drilled rotor problem. I am shocked & very sorry to read about your current circumstance. Although it is tough for us that are left behind, I know God will be waiting to welcome you to your next path. I pray for peace for you & your family.

Spike

Rick, we need to talk. And it's tough talk, the kind none of us really like. Unfortunately, my friend, there's no way we can avoid it. I don't like raising grim topics and I don't mean to shame or embarrass anyone. As you can see, you have a lot of friends here and we need to get some information from you.

1. We're going to need you to share your forum details with a family member that will agree to let us know how you are getting along, should your condition progress to a point where you are unable to be here. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there are several of prayer warriors praying for you and your family. And we need to know exactly what we need to be praying for, from day to day. In order to do that, we need you, or your appointed family member, to provide us with updates.

2. If you have any specific needs we can help you with, we need you to share those needs with us. If you have any expenses we might be able to help you with by offering some donations, we need to know. I know, it's hard to ask for help at times. We're men and meant to be strong and able to take care of our own. But let's set pride aside, because we're asking you this as your friends. If there is a way we can help you, we want to know all about it.

3. Is there any final request we can fulfill? We can fill a room with flowers, if that is what you want. If you prefer, we can donate to a charity of your choosing, instead. If your family members could benefit from the donations, then you tell us where we can send them. We need you to tell us what you would have us do, because we want to honor you as you would have us to do.

The backseat moderators are likely going to get their backs up in the air over what I am about to say, but I really don't care. For those who get upset, about all I can do is suggest you keep your opinion to yourself.

I've had these talks in hospital waiting rooms and around dining room tables, but this is the first time I've ever done it on a discussion forum. And let me tell you, it's no easier, doing it here. The talks are always hard, because it is such a painful reminder of how incredibly short our time can be and of how incredibly abrupt its finality is to those closest to us. But I want to offer this reminder, to rekindle everyone's hope. Our time in these bodies is short and there will come a time when these bodies will finally let us down. But that is simply a time of transition. We transition into these bodies and we transition out of them again. During our time here, we transition from one home to another. Those we leave behind miss us, but life goes on for everyone. During our time here, we transition from one job to another. Those we leave behind miss us, but life goes on for everyone. And yes, we will all come to a day when we will transition from life in this world to life in the next one. Those we leave behind will miss us, but life goes on. For EVERYone. Rick's life is not coming to an end, he is merely transitioning to the next step of that life.

Rick, many families request the reading of Psalms 23 at a service. And I always comply with those requests, because it is so full of reassurances and promises. But I want to share with you what I feel is the greatest of those promises.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalms 23:4, King James Version

The dark valley frightens all of us. None of us really want to walk that path. But we can find comfort in the knowledge that we will not walk it alone. God walks the through the valley with us. He doesn't give us a nudge, with a promise to meet us on the other side. He walks with us, carrying a rod to drive off anything that would do us harm and a staff to keep our feet on the path. He is personally involved, He is personally present and He provides us comfort, every step of the way. On the day when you do come to that dark valley, have no fear. Allow God to guide you through to the green pastures, because He will never ask you to leave them, ever again. Amen!

Rick, we need you to tell your friends what you would have us do.

Well said Mike.... And I do agree ...we need to know...

I know everyone that may be with him right now, May not have us on their mind right now.. That is understandable for sure..

Does anyone here live close by him??? Maybe they could check in with the family.... I know I would sure be there if I could.... I hope he's ok.. And Mike I truely understand everything you posted.. Thanks.. Randy

Mr Rick, I know we don't know each other but from one hotrodder to another, I wish you all the best on your next journey where there will be know more pain and suffering from these horrible thing's that can take our lives over in a instant. just know that you and you family are in my prayers. my family has been batteling with cancer for some time now also and i know what you have been going through is not a pleasant experiance to say the least. I just wish i could have known you but i can say Mr Rick it feels like i do know you just from reading the post. Go in peace my hotrodder friend you will be missed by so many i am praying for you Mr Rick. And thank you (NOLIMITS)/Randy for sharing this with us all.

Cole from ( hotrodders.com)

Rick, thank you so much for being there for everyone. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family....Godspeed my friend.

I'm so far away from you guys (10000 kilometers), but tears fall from my eyes reading all this words. Everybody is totally environment with Rick... This is beautiful... Good lucky for you Rick... and don't forget... we gonna be at your side forever.

"
Summon up your ghost for me
Rest your tired thoughts upon my hands
Step inside this sacred place
When all your dreams seem broken
Let's remain inside this temple
Let me be the one who understands
Be the one to carry you
When you can walk no further
Tell me once again
What's below the surface bleeding
If you've lost your way
I will take you in
I walk beside you
Wherever you are
Whatever it takes
No matter how far
Through all that may come
And all that may go
I walk beside you
I walk beside you
Oh, when everything is wrong
Oh, when hopelessness surrounds you
Oh, the sun will rise again
The tide you swim against will carry you back home
So don't give up
Don't give in
I walk beside you
Wherever you are
Whatever it takes
No matter how far
Through all that may come
And all that may go
I walk beside you
I walk beside you"

[yt]<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/yt]

Rick, we need to talk. And it's tough talk, the kind none of us really like. Unfortunately, my friend, there's no way we can avoid it. I don't like raising grim topics and I don't mean to shame or embarrass anyone. As you can see, you have a lot of friends here and we need to get some information from you. 1. We're going to need you to share your forum details with a family member that will agree to let us know how you are getting along, should your condition progress to a point where you are unable to be here. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there are several of prayer warriors praying for you and your family. And we need to know exactly what we need to be praying for, from day to day. In order to do that, we need you, or your appointed family member, to provide us with updates. 2. If you have any specific needs we can help you with, we need you to share those needs with us. If you have any expenses we might be able to help you with by offering some donations, we need to know. I know, it's hard to ask for help at times. We're men and meant to be strong and able to take care of our own. But let's set pride aside, because we're asking you this as your friends. If there is a way we can help you, we want to know all about it. 3. Is there any final request we can fulfill? We can fill a room with flowers, if that is what you want. If you prefer, we can donate to a charity of your choosing, instead. If your family members could benefit from the donations, then you tell us where we can send them. We need you to tell us what you would have us do, because we want to honor you as you would have us to do. The backseat moderators are likely going to get their backs up in the air over what I am about to say, but I really don't care. For those who get upset, about all I can do is suggest you keep your opinion to yourself. I've had these talks in hospital waiting rooms and around dining room tables, but this is the first time I've ever done it on a discussion forum. And let me tell you, it's no easier, doing it here. The talks are always hard, because it is such a painful reminder of how incredibly short our time can be and of how incredibly abrupt its finality is to those closest to us. But I want to offer this reminder, to rekindle everyone's hope. Our time in these bodies is short and there will come a time when these bodies will finally let us down. But that is simply a time of transition. We transition into these bodies and we transition out of them again. During our time here, we transition from one home to another. Those we leave behind miss us, but life goes on for everyone. During our time here, we transition from one job to another. Those we leave behind miss us, but life goes on for everyone. And yes, we will all come to a day when we will transition from life in this world to life in the next one. Those we leave behind will miss us, but life goes on. For EVERYone. Rick's life is not coming to an end, he is merely transitioning to the next step of that life. Rick, many families request the reading of Psalms 23 at a service. And I always comply with those requests, because it is so full of reassurances and promises. But I want to share with you what I feel is the greatest of those promises. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalms 23:4, King James Version The dark valley frightens all of us. None of us really want to walk that path. But we can find comfort in the knowledge that we will not walk it alone. God walks the through the valley with us. He doesn't give us a nudge, with a promise to meet us on the other side. He walks with us, carrying a rod to drive off anything that would do us harm and a staff to keep our feet on the path. He is personally involved, He is personally present and He provides us comfort, every step of the way. On the day when you do come to that dark valley, have no fear. Allow God to guide you through to the green pastures, because He will never ask you to leave them, ever again. Amen! Rick, we need you to tell your friends what you would have us do.
Mike I've never met people like these guys before.i Get tears in my eyes reading there e-mails i just didn't think people existedI'll have my daughter get back to you today or tomorrow.Damn dudes you blow me away and the came from different forums.Fricking amazing.
I'm at the stage in the cancer in the brain now that i see things,hear things,even do things for the voice.I shake were i didn't before.It takes me awhile to say or do things.When i joined i didn't think it would be like this Mike you and the guys blow me away.

I'm not a fag or anything but i love you guys.Every flat frickin one of you.

Mike I've never met people like these guys before.i Get tears in my eyes reading there e-mails i just didn't think people existedI'll have my daughter get back to you today or tomorrow.Damn dudes you blow me away and the came from different forums.Fricking amazing.
I'm at the stage in the cancer in the brain now that i see things,hear things,even do things for the voice.I shake were i didn't before.It takes me awhile to say or do things.When i joined i didn't think it would be like this Mike you and the guys blow me away.

Hey Brother !!!!!

I'm 6' 248 lbs.. I'm far from being a fag also...LOL
BUT !!!! I feel I can speak for everyone here... We love you to Man !!! :hi: Now don't go getting all soft on me now..LOL :hey:

When you get to that great place where the hot rods are cool and fast.... Remember us down here... Because we will sure remember you my brother....Stay cool !!!!! Randy

Hebrews 13:5-6
God's promises for you: I will never leave you nor forsake you !!!!!!

Proverbs 3:5 trust in Lord with all your heart: do not depend on your own understanding..

[media]

This song here will explain eveything you just wrote us.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back