Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Snow sucks this time of the year

putz

Was close to fifty for a week then got this last night.
198203_10150118028523381_503883380_6457391_766954_n.jpg

Snow Just SUX ! anytime LOL

The sun is shining and it is a wonderful 72° F / 22° C. Tonight, the temperature is forecast to fall to 27° F / -3° with sleet and freezing rain. A high of 40° F / 4° C on Saturday, with a 40% chance of snow. Nothing quite like the weather here in Indiana. If you don't like it, stick around, it's bound to change any second.

We're apparently meant to get a week of cold temperatures, before we are lucky enough to crack 50° again. :suicide:

The Quakers had a saying for this sort of thing, "better ye than thee". LOL

Jim

OK
Im looking at the billboard behind the cycle.
Its an education is whats not needed. Cant see anything on it I think I need or want.
And as for 'internal medicine... what the hell is that?

123*, your just greedy, when I m happy to get 60 plus.
Gerry

OK
Im looking at the billboard behind the cycle.
Its an education is whats not needed. Cant see anything on it I think I need or want.
And as for 'internal medicine... what the hell is that?

123*, your just greedy, when I m happy to get 60 plus.
Gerry

What? No wedding chapel and no divorce lawyer!

Al

You need to move this way Putz, around the tip of lake superior we only ended up with less than 1" after they said we would get a foot.

Maybe I need a job as a meteorologist, so I can go to work and lie my as* off and have a job the next day!!

Isn't it interesting how we enjoy 68 to 72* F but choose to live in such extremes of hot and cold? I can recall as a kid in notthern Wisconsin (Glidden) it was -57 and I've been in the open pit copper mines south of Tucson when it was +120. And, I saw a 110* difference in one day traveling between British Comumbia and Arizona.

Here in Colorado we get most of our snow in March and April and have had very little so far this season. About five years ago we got around 15" of snow in mid May and it snows somewhere in Colorado every month of the year as we have fifty-three peaks over fourteen thousand feet high.

Imagine what a tough job it must be to be the TV weatherman in Phoenix. You could go to work in January, take six sport coats, ten dress shirts, a dozen or so ties and record a years worth of weather in a week and then go off to Hawaii and complain about the weather guy there.

And, I saw a 110* difference in one day traveling between British Comumbia and Arizona.
Years ago, we drove from here to the Indy airport in -29° F / -33° C temperatures. We had to creep down I-65, because the defroster couldn't keep the windshield clear at normal speed. We flew to San Jose, CA, where a pal picked us up and gave us the nickel tour of San Francisco. It was something like 64° F down near the bay and the natives were all pitching a fit about how cold it was. As for myself, I was in a t-shirt and was loving every minute of it.

A few years later, the ex and I were in the Bay Area, she for work and me for play. I drove down to LA to visit some pals and when I woke up the next morning, the Grapevine was closed because of snow. I had flown all the way out there to get away from snow and then ended up having to leave LA early, because I couldn't drive back north on I-5 and had to detour out on the 101.

I abhor snow.

I learned a very good trick for driving in very heavy rain and fog, wonder if it would work in the falling snow??? Put on Sunglasses and things clear right up. Day or Night! Crazy how well it works... It can be raining so hard the wipers can not keep up, but with the Sunglasses you can see right through, very clear view... Just thought I would throw that at you to try it in the Snow, I grew up in Minnesota, and I don't care for Snow anymore myself, anytime... :)

I feel for ya putz, as we discussed when I first came onto this forum, my Dad is from your area. I spent MANY winters deer hunting in you neck of the woods when I was a kid (loved every minute of it too). But when Ma Nature decides she wants snow, you get snow, ready or not. Just remember, it doesn't last forever, and summers in N. Wisconsin are beautiful.

Boy all our snow melted today nice bright sun and it's 28 outside. back to seeing brown grass in the sun.

Getting about 3 inches today here in St. Louis...on March 26th!! A week ago it was in the 80's. My sinuses are so confused it gives me a headache. Worked on windshield fit and side mirrors today in the garage wearing my winter coat. Where's global warming when we need it I ask...Where is it?????

Global Warming? They're calling it "Climate Change" now because with all the snow piling up and cold temperatures nobody was buying "warming"! It's snowing like crazy here in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, as I write this. I was going to drive to Cleveland to pick up an air cleaner, but...oh,well. You guys are right-snow definitely sucks.

P.S.-It's March 30th-isn't this supposed to be SPRING???

I learned a very good trick for driving in very heavy rain and fog, wonder if it would work in the falling snow??? Put on Sunglasses and things clear right up. Day or Night! Crazy how well it works... It can be raining so hard the wipers can not keep up, but with the Sunglasses you can see right through, very clear view... Just thought I would throw that at you to try it in the Snow, I grew up in Minnesota, and I don't care for Snow anymore myself, anytime... :)

I have found that wearing sunglasses in snow is very helpfull. Been doing that all my adult life.
My eyes are light-sensitive so fog, rain and snow really bug them up. The reflections are nuts.
We have lots of fog and rain at my end of the province so I have some experience. :(
Joe

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back