Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Somerset 'Bucketeer this year?

benT

Any thought to getting together in Somerset, KY again this year? I realize its early, but I was doing a bit of planning on the events I want to attend this year, and I was hoping we could keep the Somerset "Bucketeers" get together thing going. One change would be to go later or earlier in the year as last year's event was extremely hot. I was thinking the September cruise (21-24th) would be a bit nicer.

We have a bit of unfinished business in Somerset as the organizer Bill Browell, had an accident in his 'T'. I'm not sure where he is at with the rebuilding process, but I'd imagine he'd be able to get it together for this year. Even after the wreck, Bill was keeping the group together and on track.

Also, I'd like to make this years cruise a bit of a memorial for Vic Jordan, AKA "Hillbilly" as he passed away suddenly the day after he got back from the cruise. This was the first time many of us met Vic, and he left quite an impression. He handbuilt his entire bucket (body included!) and drove it to Somerset alone from W. Virginia to hang with us "Bucketeers". It would be a fitting tribute to do a 'T" cruise in his honor and memory. The photo below is of Vic's T and was taken at the Somerset downtown show that Saturday.

Anyone up for it?

DSCF0087.jpg

Bill and I were talking on the phone Sunday about this. Bill also suggested we call it something in memory of HillBilly. Bill is almost done with his car and should be ready for spring cruises.

I'm in. I had a blast last year. Remember the excitement with Randall's "hot" rod?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back