Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steer clear

I'm glad someone was able to clear up the concerns of using this chain driven steering device. There is nothing wrong using chains for steering. It will never see any high rpm's or torque. We use timing chains all the time in engines making big horsepower and going over 5000 rpms. Some use timing belts and some use timing gears.Some of us use chains or belts on our motorcycles. All of us has used them on the bikes we pedalled as kids. I've seen boats use ropes and pulleys. I've seen cables used to steer boats. Some builders use tie rods that some say is a big no no, some use rod ends.
The main thing is no matter what you use it has to be done right. It has to be safe! You have to constantly check for loose, worn parts on your ride to make sure it is safe. You have to do maintenance. Lack of checking and maintenance you will find yourself on the side of the road or worse, 6 feet under.

Thanks Wizardfab for thinking out of the box and providing us with a great product that gives us other options. This tells me that there is more than one way to skin a cat!

This is good stuff .....................
news.gif

thanks for all the replies. I am really thinking about ordering this product i think it will help alot with clearance issues. if anyone gets hot rod magazine take a look at the red 23-gt it uses the steer clear setup and i think it looks good.

In the event of an accident that column could be the least of you worries.

A toeboard is the angled surface behind the fire wall to the floor.

Ron

Also a good way to move the steering column and wheel to one side or the other for more comfort, and comfort equals Safety, that unit does not have to mount straight up and down, or be chromed, you can paint it to blend in with your fire wall, or ??... drive safe :hi:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back