Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Suicide door latches

The wood really helps if it's thought out and done well. Whoever originally built my T wasn't thinking of strength, just places to attach apolstry and they attached it with bondo, no glass encasement. I must say that the bondo glued pine was still well adhered and this thing was built in the late '70's, fwiw. I've been in a few very hairy accidents in my day and am reminded with every conscious moment by the pain, so even though I am well aware that a bucket is no safety vehicle, I am cognizant of the fact that a minor accident can cause severe injury, so I attempted to build in some additional strength to at least slow the impact down, if I'm so unlucky. i will still drive it like I stole it, lol...

Yeah, unless they are caged this kind of vehicle is not going to come close to a production car when it comes to safety. To my way of thinking, when it comes to safety they are more like a motorcycle than a car. In the end it's up to each where their safety comfort level is.

I consider a glass T-bucket body to be the equivalent of a motorcycle fairing...looks and convenience, safety not so much. But to be honest, if I had the funds and/or the fabrication skills, I would have gone with tubular reinforcement for the rear half in addition to the cowl hoop.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back