Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket Build Book Questions

Hey everyone,

I have gotten a lot of good info and I really would like to see step by step photos and maybe even a build book. I'm a visual guy that sometimes I just need some text with pictures.

So my question to you all is-

Would both books from Tbucketplans.com be a good source of info?

I was just on their site looking and found "The Bird T-Bucket Hot Rod Roadster Plans. I see it goes back to more of a traditional build.

Has anyone used, bought or read these?

I also have been looking at "How to Build a T-Bucket Hot Rod Roadster for Under $3000: kickin’ it old skool"

How about Total Performance build manual? This is one that was mentioned as well, but I have not found any info on it as far as reviews go.

I think with both or all of these books a lot if not all my questions would be answered along with reading more from the site and other hot rod and T bucket sites as well.

So if you have experince with any of these books please give me some info and let me know if this would be a good direction to go in for now.

Thanks everyone.

I have the Total Performance build manual and a manual that Speedway sells
Both of these books are realy good , The TP build does not have photo's the speedway does
Frank

I also have both the TP & Speedway manuals. The more information you can get your hands on the better.

Make sure you get the Speedway from Speedway
A few years ago Speedway was selling an assembly manual that was just an advertisement for their stuff and had very little building in it
They have since changed it and NOW it is a really good resource
Sppedway sent out updates to everyone that had the old manual
Frank

Does the Speedway manual show wiring routing paths? I have never seen this a a topic, here, or in any of the books that I have. I feel this would be a good conversation.

For instance:

-If the fuses are mounted under the seat do the wires to the dasboard exit the bucket or do they go under the rug?
-For tail lights do you exit the bucket near the bottom and run along the rails or exit the back and mount to side of box?
- Etc....

So the TP is all text? I read that the Speedway catalog is just one that shows building one of their kits? From what I can get info on is if you build a Speedway kit the book tells you waht parts to buy and to use for their kits but will not work if you are building a kit from someone else.

The CCR plans I'm going to get for sure but like to have more info on TP and Speedway manuals.

Also good question on the wiring. I would like to know more about that as well.

CCR plans are good give exact dimensions for each part. How to build a T bucket for $3000 is a good refrence with lots of pictures. When I started my build I mocked up a frame using 2x4 lumber and my actual front cross member. Helps a lot to get the look and results you are looking for the first time given the variety of lengths and widths of bodies now on the market. Good luck with your build.:thumbsup:

CCR plans are good give exact dimensions for each part. How to build a T bucket for $3000 is a good refrence with lots of pictures. When I started my build I mocked up a frame using 2x4 lumber and my actual front cross member. Helps a lot to get the look and results you are looking for the first time given the variety of lengths and widths of bodies now on the market. Good luck with your build.:thumbsup:

Thank you and it has been the one book that everyone has said to get and use and mod ot my taste. The other book as been the TP book, but the Speedway book I've been told to not buy unless I want a Speedway kit.

Yes, the Tbucketplans.com offerings would be valuable additions to your growing library. They were longtime forum sponsors and I was amazed at the number of books they sold, as a result of their links on this site.

Yes, the Tbucketplans.com offerings would be valuable additions to your growing library. They were longtime forum sponsors and I was amazed at the number of books they sold, as a result of their links on this site.

Thank you and I talked with someone from their site about the books and asked about the T Bird build and they said I wouldnt need that one as the other one would have more then enough info but if I like to have them both I could always get the T Bird build later on. I think I will just order both and then print them off for my trip coming up and read them and make a list.

I still do want the TP book but if its only text not sure if I will use it much. I learn a lot by pictures adn reading, but text can be helpful so I will order that one too. I think I just sold some more parts and if so I will order all three of those books.

I wish their eBook format would work on the kindle. I have asked them to put them on amazon.com or smashwords both free to put on they may take a few bucks but they would sell a lot more. People want hard copies and the Kindle and Nook are the next best thing much easier then a laptop.

I think Spirit has an assembly manual on line for free. May help. It was on the old site but I haven't seen it on the new one.

The TP manual will give measurements of radius rods, front axel, bat wings front spring, clevis', steering arm, brake push rod, brake peddle pad, brake peddle and the list goes on. I like the TP manual better then the Speedway manual. What the TP manual lacks, the Speedway manual covers. The TP manual is 134 pages in a spirial bound book. The Speedway manual comes in a 3 ring binder and is 125 pages. The Speedway manual shows no measurements.

This is all you will get from speedway. The 3 ring binder that you buy will be in color.

Ok thank you. I just printed that out and I have the Car Craft build to print out also. A member from another site sent them to me in email. I also have a set of frame and maybe something else a member from here sent me. I need to read it all. I'm going to get the CCR plans and go from there.

I did find tonight a 63 Ford Falcon with a 260, 3spd and 5 lug rear. The motor is stuck he things and is asking 500 for it. I also found a running 2WD Dodge truck with a 318 in it, well it did run it has a wiring issue that is hundred bucks more. I might jump on that.

Thanks for the link to Tbuckets.com and the other info, I downloaded the freebies and should be ordering the complete manual in the next week or so. :cool:

Thanks for the link to Tbuckets.com and the other info, I downloaded the freebies and should be ordering the complete manual in the next week or so. :cool:

What manual are you getting?

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send the Car Craft build. I think this build was in 1964 to 1965. I have not had a chance to read it. I have to print it off sinces it in PDF format, I can set at a computer that long and read lol.

I`ll be ordering the under $3,ooo dollar manual, maybe more. I`m tryng to get as much info and research material I can even though it`ll be another year or more before I can get into the build.
My better half insists I finish the house first, go figure. :rolleyes:

I`ll be ordering the under $3,ooo dollar manual, maybe more. I`m tryng to get as much info and research material I can even though it`ll be another year or more before I can get into the build.
My better half insists I finish the house first, go figure. :rolleyes:

Haha I understand on that. My mom (my better half I guess lol) told me NO MORE CARS! and well I have to wait until Im done with the last four months of school and out for good. My dad and I are kind of chomping at the bit to get it done lol.

Hey did you download the free frame plans? I think its covered in Tbucketplans.com How to build a T bucket under $3000. They also have a free chapter on the book on the site. I'm not sure where as I ran into it late at night.

Also look at this link too-

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/The_FREE_T_Bucket_plans

I found that one the other day and I just printed it off tonight to read before bed time. There is a thread on here as well that one of the members has the Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine on building a T bucket frame. He sent me a copy of it and it is really good with info. I need to read the rest of it.

Also you are not getting Rod & Custom it is time to get in August or the month or so before August they are going to start a T Bucket build. They said they will also share it on Facebook, not the full build but some of it.

If I find anything else free I will share it here and with you as well. I think the CCR plans, Car Craft, Spirit and TP plans are the best for info.

Haha I understand on that. My mom (my better half I guess lol) told me NO MORE CARS! and well I have to wait until Im done with the last four months of school and out for good. My dad and I are kind of chomping at the bit to get it done lol.

Hey did you download the free frame plans? I think its covered in Tbucketplans.com How to build a T bucket under $3000. They also have a free chapter on the book on the site. I'm not sure where as I ran into it late at night.

Also look at this link too-

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/The_FREE_T_Bucket_plans

I found that one the other day and I just printed it off tonight to read before bed time. There is a thread on here as well that one of the members has the Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine on building a T bucket frame. He sent me a copy of it and it is really good with info. I need to read the rest of it.

Also you are not getting Rod & Custom it is time to get in August or the month or so before August they are going to start a T Bucket build. They said they will also share it on Facebook, not the full build but some of it.

If I find anything else free I will share it here and with you as well. I think the CCR plans, Car Craft, Spirit and TP plans are the best for info.

I downloaded the Youngster`s plans and the free chapter, thanks for the new link.
I`ll do the same if / when I find more info. I will check out the Rod&Custom mags.

Thanks again, Joe.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back