Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket Build Book Questions

I downloaded the Youngster`s plans and the free chapter, thanks for the new link.
I`ll do the same if / when I find more info. I will check out the Rod&Custom mags.

Thanks again, Joe.

Sounds good and let me know how the Build a T bucket under $3000 is I might order it this weekend. I wish it was Kindle friendly even when I convert PDF files to word it doesnt work to small of writing. I have saved the Car Craft files on one laptop, two memory sticks and will be putting it on CD and printing them off so I hope to never lose them lol.

I think when I start my build I will do a book and eBook maybe one in print as well through amazon.com. I write fiction so maybe I will give my hand a try at this lol.

Talk soon Joe,

Kevin

CoronetRTguy, I know of a guy who has an original frame, body w/insert and some parts for the Bird Tbucket. If you like I'll get his email address for you?

I did find tonight a 63 Ford Falcon with a 260, 3spd and 5 lug rear. The motor is stuck he things and is asking 500 for it. I also found a running 2WD Dodge truck with a 318 in it, well it did run it has a wiring issue that is hundred bucks more. I might jump on that.
I was never much of a Ford fan, but I think that Falcon could get me interested, pretty quickly. ;)

But being a Mopar guy, you're going to have to tell me about that username of yours. :whistling:

CoronetRTguy, I know of a guy who has an original frame, body w/insert and some parts for the Bird Tbucket. If you like I'll get his email address for you?

I might be interested in that and would like to know more and the Bird T Bucket. What was the build?

I was never much of a Ford fan, but I think that Falcon could get me interested, pretty quickly. ;)

But being a Mopar guy, you're going to have to tell me about that username of yours. :whistling:

I had a 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 1 0f 1 project car that I was in the middle of doing a ground up restoration on when I had a stroke. The project sat for about ten years and I knew that me and my dad would never get it finished. He is the body man and had to retire due to losing his eye site (legally blind) and the car needed a lot of work and a lot of money. I had every car magazine you can think of following me and calling me for years. Galen Govier the numbers guy and I used to talk all the time. My R/T was and is the only one knowen to be black body, black vinal top and white bucket seats with stripe delete. The other R/T that is black is all black and is also a 1 of 1.

I started a registry and have over 500 or 600 cars and only two are black, my old R/T and the all black car. The all black car was used in the movie Lock Up. There is a guy who runs a Coronet page and he will tell you there was more black R/Ts made I think he says 300 and I can tell you there was only two made. Mopar didnt keep track of what model R/T, Superbee, 500 or 440 got black paint. If there was more black cars out there I would have ran into them. The thought is that 2000-2500 R/Ts were made its more like 1500-2000 cars made.

I have been kicked off more Mopar sites then I can count lol for pointing out a high dollar bogus Coronet R/T that claims to be this and that to only be a 440 model with a 318.

Galen Govier offered me a job of decoding cars because I could walk up to a car with no books in hand and decode it, find the hidden vins and match them to the car. I had a stroke and lost the ability to do that but I am re-learning again. I'm also tired of the show field paint job back to factory look its time for a hot rod and its time to really enjoy driving.

Sorry to hear about the stroke. Not too many here are aware (until now ;)) , but I suffered a stroke, back in 2010. That can be a real life-changing experience, can't it? So, did the R/T find a new home, or were you able to hang on to it?

I was always an A-motor, A-body guy, but I still appreciate anything with a Pentastar on it.

Apologies for derailing your thread, I'll shut up now.

Sorry to hear about the stroke. Not too many here are aware (until now ;)) , but I suffered a stroke, back in 2010. That can be a real life-changing experience, can't it? So, did the R/T find a new home, or were you able to hang on to it?

I was always an A-motor, A-body guy, but I still appreciate anything with a Pentastar on it.

Apologies for derailing your thread, I'll shut up now.

Hey Mike no apologies needed man. Yes it can be a life changing event for sure. I was stressed out all the time and eating bad and worked 80 plus hours a week. I will never do that again no matter how much they pay me to.

The R/T did find a home the guy is a collector owns mostly Hemi and Six Pack cars. He is a big time Mopar guy and does own other cars as well. My car will be restored back to 100% original. I had most of if not all the hard to find parts for this one year only B body car. The guy lives about an hour away from me and said when it's done I can ride and drive it. He wanted an auto car with air and mine fit the bill.

I went and bought a 96 LT4 Corvette and thought I would be happy and I wasnt lol. I like the Vette but not for me. I'm to much of a Mopar guy and I have always wanted to build a Hot Rod and I notice I always look at the T's. I hope to be able to drop a Mopar motor in it but not sure I will be able to just yet. I have found a few 383s and 440s but I know it will be a tight fit.

I'm wondering if I should go with the body that is stretched? I may go 318 or 360 motor. I will no go to the show car type of car ever again. I remember always worrying about scratching the paint and making sure this and that is correct and never enjoyed the shows, this time around I'm going to enjoy the shows and the car.

I will no go to the show car type of car ever again. I remember always worrying about scratching the paint and making sure this and that is correct and never enjoyed the shows, this time around I'm going to enjoy the shows and the car.

Best words I've heard in a looong time. What good is a trophy and a garage full of expensive look at only cars that are exspensive to insure. Enjoy life for you only live ONCE!!

I will no go to the show car type of car ever again. I remember always worrying about scratching the paint and making sure this and that is correct and never enjoyed the shows, this time around I'm going to enjoy the shows and the car.

Best words I've heard in a looong time. What good is a trophy and a garage full of expensive look at only cars that are exspensive to insure. Enjoy life for you only live ONCE!!

Very true and I will enjoy this next car from the build to the drive. I have even thought about buying an older truck like 60s-70s for a daily driver or a 50s-70s wagon. My family looked at me like I was crazy lol. I would drive a T everyday to work but winter time might be a little crazy with the snow flying lol.

The June 2013 (Current) issue of Hot Rod has a lengthy article on building a Speedway Tribute-T & a T-Bucket on the cover.

Come on nice weather!

The June 2013 (Current) issue of Hot Rod has a lengthy article on building a Speedway Tribute-T & a T-Bucket on the cover.

Come on nice weather!

Yeah I want to pick up that issue, so it's this months? I saw a video of it on youtube that they were going to do this or something. Rod & Custome will be doing a full build as wel in August.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back