Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-bucket project based on a volvo!

To Putz:
The camber is realy off right now i've realised that it can never be that low without some heavy modifications, I think i'm just going to buy new springs and then cut the down in size so that at normal load the camber readings are the "ideal".

To Francis Blake:
I have thought about putting coilovers in the shocks mounts at the lower wishbone(?) and make new upper mounts that's attached to the frame. not sure what the regulations say about that though..... so that will have to wait until the vehicle is approved and street legal:D

To Raidmagic:
That looks Ok but i still don't think that turbos belong on hot rods:razz::D
In that case I think i'd rather use a small supercharger:D looks alot cooler in my opinion:)

I've also been thinking about how i want it to look when it's done.....
I am pretty sure i want fenders (yes i know some of you guys think that "real hot rods dont have fenders" :lol: but since the front suspension is so ugly and here in Sweden it rains....alot:D so it feels better with fenders)
Right now I think i'm going to use ford -31 front and rear fenders since they are better looking than the "T-fenders" and also wider?
But i'm not sure what do you think?

please post pictures if you have any of t-buckets with fenders:D

And the Hardtop is going to be low and kind of leaning forward, to get a chopped roof fealing to it:)

thats all i had to say today, now i'm going to bed:lol:

//Johan

Hi.

I started fabricating the windshield posts this weekend, I started with the hardtop but decided that I would wait until the windshield frame and posts are done.

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

IMGP0155-2.jpg

I've also decided what colour I'll paint the car in::)
DSC00959.jpg

It's a brown metallic :)

And here is a quick photoshopped picture of what I want it to look like when it's done. :razz:
slarvigbildfrdigT-hink3.jpg

//Johan C

Thats gonna be one bad T keep up the good work and oh ya more pics>

Ovlov said:
And here is a quick photoshopped picture of what I want it to look like when it's done. :razz:
slarvigbildfrdigT-hink3.jpg

//Johan C

That thing is going to be awesome looking!!!! Nice job.

David

I admire what you are doing with the restrictions that you have in your country.

Well done and keep up the good work.

:) That is a sweet project you have going.

Like the others have said, it is great to see what you are doing with the laws you have to deal with. I wonder how many people here would have even started under the same circumstances. Even with the issues we run into here we are still very fortunate with regards to this hobby.
Now the car, I will admit that on first review I was not all that enthused with the project (maybe I am spoiled) and this is in no way a reflection on your work or abilities but, I saw that big wide frame and couldn't think of a way that you could pull this off.
But with the photoshop picture and all the work you are doing and the speed in which you are working it all is coming together. The engine looks period perfect and the long bed is, IMO the way to go. I hope you can accept my apology about my "in the box" thinking and I know you will continue and complete this project.
You mentioned an apprentice progem what trade are you working in?
Again your project is looking great!!!

Randall

Thank you for your reply Tbucit!:lol:
I can definitely agree with you that what I had to start with wasn't the best, but that's all i could afford and I try to compensate that with hard work and enthusiasm :razz:.
And your not the first one to think like that, when i posted the idea for this project in a swedish hot rod/ street rod forum they said that it was impossible and that I sould spend Lots of money buying a new repro frame instead. But I think that the problem is that they just don't have enough imagination:razz:

And the trade I'm doing my apprentice program is as a auto body mechanic (?)

I don't have any pictures this time but I will work on the bucket this weekend and then I will take pictures:D.

And I've been thinking of a great advantage about the small volvo engine:D
It's much more fuel efficent than a v8 wich is good since the gas here in sweden cost about $7 per gallon ($1.8/liter):eek:

First off I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your posts. I too was thinking in the box. Now it's time for me to step up.

You are clearly a very talented problem solver. My hats off to you. I would go so far as to say you have a very bright future ahead of you. I will be following your project a lot closer now.

I like the metalic brown. What application did you find for it? There was a really cool brown used in '72 on the Chevys. It was called "Midnight Bronze". It had a gold flake in it instead of the silver. It really went well with the saddle interiors of the time.

Ron

Hi!

I have not worked on the bucket for some time now because I've been busy getting my driver lincense, and i passed the driving test today so now i'm allowed to drive! it feels great and i've been out driving all day!
Obviously I haven't driven the bucket:lol: I have bought another car that I'll use until my t-bucket is done and here she is:
IMGP0033.jpg

She's a 1988 volvo 740 GL automatic

This means that I wont have much time to work on my bucket for awhile but when i get tired of the 740 then it should really inspire me to get the bucket done....

//Johan C

Congratulations. How long did you have to study and practice for your driving test? It took a friend's son in England over 6 months before his instructor would recommend him for his test. I know most Americans would argue with me but having lived in Europe for 8 years and seeing how hard it is to get a license I think the Europeans are probably the best drivers in the world.

That may well be true when they first get there license, allot of our beginning drivers really suck. But, I think the Europeans forget their driving lessons with a few years and really go down hill on the driving. I have friends in Bally James Duff and they don't drive unless they have to. I will say they sure do beat the Middle Eastern Countries and South America hands down. Now there are some bad drivers.

What car will attract attractive women more ? I would vote the bucket.

der Spieler said:
Congratulations. How long did you have to study and practice for your driving test? It took a friend's son in England over 6 months before his instructor would recommend him for his test. I know most Americans would argue with me but having lived in Europe for 8 years and seeing how hard it is to get a license I think the Europeans are probably the best drivers in the world.

Hi!
For me it took about six months from when I started driving, I took eight lessons at a driving school and then I did the driving test.
I would say it's pretty hard to get a driving lincense here and it's realy easy to fail your driving test.

And here's the latest progress on the T-bucket:
IMGP0184.jpg

your posts are always interesting ovlov. you're doing a great job. i'm looking forward to the next post!

Ron

Ovlov said:
Hi!
For me it took about six months from when I started driving, I took eight lessons at a driving school and then I did the driving test.
I would say it's pretty hard to get a driving lincense here and it's realy easy to fail your driving test.

And here's the latest progress on the T-bucket:
IMGP0184.jpg
Be sure to take pics as you progress on the body like a step by step on how to do that top.Looks really good so far

Keeper said:
Are you making a coupe or is that a removable hardtop? Either way it looks great.

It will be a removable hardtop, but I won't take it of:razz:
It will be hinged in the back to make getting in and out easier....

Youngster said:
your posts are always interesting ovlov. you're doing a great job. i'm looking forward to the next post!

Ron

Thanks!

Rick said:
Be sure to take pics as you progress on the body like a step by step on how to do that top.Looks really good so far

Thanks and I will take more pics and write more details on what I used to make the top later.... not sure about the outcome of this yet :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back