Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-bucket project based on a volvo!

Just keep going. We all have had set-backs on our Buckets and some have taken longer than others ( mine included LOL). Lookin' good:D

Good looking additional parts. I know what its like in Europe the police have no sense of humor.They will take your license for looking at them wrong.Good luck on the 18th.

I wish someone in the Swedish news media would pick up on this kid! One thing's fo sho - we ain't heard the last of this full-fendered T!

Thanks for the update, bummer about your license that's stiff they take it for speeding.

Ovlov;

Your build keeps getting better and better. Keep it up, you are one talented young man!

JIm

Ovlov, you've just inspired me to build my own T-bucket. It is so great to see what you've done on your Volvo T-bucket so far. Nice design work with the top! It is well thought out. I like the fenders you are adding too. You are daring to be different and I like it!

Hi everybody!

First I must say that I feel very rude since I haven't replied to all your kind replies! sorry :hooray:

I still don't have a job, and the money that I have saved is running out (it all going into the bucket :unsure: ) but there has been some progress.
The roll cage is finished for example, I ended up getting rid of all the hole saws and used the bench grinder instead... much easier )
DSC01177.jpg

My dad had originaly planned on helping me sand blast and paint the front end, but unfortunately he had to fix with other stuff so I did it myself:
cleaned:
DSC01451.jpg

taken apart:
DSC01452.jpg

sandblasted:
DSC01454.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

painted:
IMGP0128.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

so the front end is painted and is now laying on the workbench waiting for the new bushings I,ve ordered.
IMGP0244.jpg

and here is a bonus picture taken right after I had cleaned the entire garage:
DSC01567.jpg

Thank you all for your positive comments! I Realy appreciate it!

//Johan

I might aswell give you some more photos of recent progress:

when I graduated from school I placed all the parts I've got to the bucket and put them together to show my relatives what I'm building.
DSC01380.jpg

I also asked a guy in the US to make a drawing of what I want it to look like.
tbucket_final.jpg

And another little project I been doing just for fun is a all diy home theater in an old shed that isn't used, it's got an 210'' screen and my diy lcd projector.
pano.jpg

IMGP0005.jpg

:hooray:

//Johan

Nice progress on the rod.Garage I think I see dust in the corner.Awesome big screen tv.

Man you are one sharp cookie. This has been one of the best posts ever. The movie screen is to sweet. Keep posting you are keeping some of us old guys motivated. FO SHO

Hello again tbucketers!:)

It’s been nearly two years since my last update, and unfortunately the bucket still isn’t finished.:(
The last two years I’ve been so busy with school I haven’t had the time or the energy to work on my t-bucket. The last progress I made was that I started fitting the front fenders and reconstructed the front of the frame to better match the 32 fenders.
IMGP0004.jpg

IMGP0006-1.jpg

But now I feel like it’s time to get going again, and I really want to start building again
The reason I feel like this is probably because I can't…o_O since at the moment I’m sitting in my cabin onboard a 190m cargo ship somewhere on the Baltic ocean.
Because: when I finished the Swedish equivalent to High school (where I studied to become an Auto body mechanic) I decided that I wanted something else with my life plus it was really hard finding a job in the middle of the recession so I went back to school, first to get the needed exams to be able to enter the university. this tok me two years and last fall I was accepted to start my Marine engineering education at Chalmers University of Technology in my home town.
So now I’m doing my first ship training period as an Engine Cadet, 8 weeks at sea.
that means a lot of spare time in the cabin thinking and imagining how to finish the bucket:) .
I really hope that I feel this way when I come home too so I can get some work done.
This time the goal is to have a car that I can drive and fix with as I go along, so I will wait with fitting the fenders and also the hardtop. But hopefully I will have a decent car that I can go cruise with and improve as I go.

And also another reason to the lack of building activity on the bucket is my other project, I’m making the house where I had the home theater livable to have somewhere to live at least the four years until my graduation. This takes a lot of time as well and will continue along side with the bucket project, so far I’ve fixed and insulated the foundation and also insulated the floor and put in an pine floor. And also prepared for water, sewage and electricity. Doing all work myself means that progress is slow here to.
Pano-1.jpg

Not much of a project update as much a life update but as I said I’m quite bored (still have 5 weeks left) and I felt inspired to write this reading through my thread.:thumbsup:

Thanks for reading

Best regards Johan

Hang in Johan, it took a long time for lots of guys less taleted than you to get their cars up. Keep in touch

I had some questions about the Volvo thing in the beginning but you have turned it into a really cool looking rod and that theatre has me green with envy, LOL. What i would give to have that in my attic and be able to sit up there and watch American Graffiti all night. What a man cave, just too cool!

Great to hear from you again! Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies. Fear not, we understand what you are living with and I for one applaude your clear thinking about your future. We'll be here when you are ready. Best wishes.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back