Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-buckets make people smile, or...

Lee_in_KC

...is it old guys driving T-buckets that make people smile? Ever since I've had my T on the road I've noticed that everybody who sees the T smiles. I've been thinking all along it was the car they were smiling at. But for some reason today, I felt like they were smiling (i.e. laughing) at me, a 60-year-old guy in a hot rod. I don't really give a crap what they're thinking, but it did occur to me that I might be a cartoon of an old guy trying to recapture his youth. Aww f**k it. Give me another Jack on the rocks and I'll be fine.

I like the way you think Lee! Cheers!!!

Jim

I See this a little bit different view. Captain and coke:pint:

I just lean on the bar.I could also use my kickstand.

Hello Lee in KC, 50-50 shot, I've thought the same thing riding my Harley that was in the mags and won at the Rats Hole Show, see a lot of smiles and thumbs up, but also get the feeling if they are young they may be saying look at that old fart on that cool hawg, same with the T Bucket, at least we can give them a good spankin'! We couldn't afford them when we were younger, at least I couldn't, so why should we miss this much fun if we're chronologically challenged? If you're having fun the heck with them, keep on bucketing!

I've had my bucket in one form or another for 41 years now. I don't ever remember people smiling at me the way they do today at 66. My kids keep asking me how much longer I'm going to continue driving it and I tell them for as long as I can climb into it.

As for my favorite libation..... look up at my avatar LOL.

Lee, I just think it's one of those "there's something you don't see everyday" type of things.

While out Saturday morning with my niece, just going around the block a few times I again noticed the young kids, the olf folks on the porch, the young guys in the imports, they all just can't help but look.

A T bucket is something you just don't see every day, and it's an attention getter.

Do people look at the pilot and say "look at that ol' geezer"???? Nope. they'll either say, "awesome ride" or "that dude sure looks like he's having fun."

It just so happens that it is 100% true. It is an Awsome ride, and we're all having too much fun.

I think a lot of it is the car. I am younger than most of you. You guys are about my dads age. And I am about T-odd's age. And my car gets tons of attention. A couple weeks ago I was out in it with freind that had never been in something like this. And she immediately caught on how everyone waves and gives thumbs up. And she couldnt believe how everyone at the gas station came over to talk. People just like the cars. :win: She went from never being in one, and pretty much oblivous to them, to asking me to bring it when we go out.

Nice looking bucket there stever do you have the interior in? We like updated pics. By the way Welcome 3 months late.

I dont have one of that particular girl. But I did try to convince her it was her they were waving at :win:
I could post a pic of the one girl that didnt like it LOL...

They are smilin' and looking because it's not a cookie cutter car and they know that you're having a hell of a lot more fun than they are. Roll on bro.;)

Funny stuff:-Thomas was sitting in my driveway this evening and 3 OLD (80s?) ladies drove by and could'nt quit staring then a teen cam by and said" nice car". We're having fun.:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back