Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Taking Shape Slowly

leomovitz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Got the rear end back after being rebuilt. Has new ring and pinion changed spool for a trutrac locker.Then had a polisher offer to polish it. What do you all think? Going together slowly but I'm wanting to do things right.

Attachments

• 0925101016.jpg
    0925101016.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 238
Looks nice and clean Leo. By the way I'm just south of you at Eagle Rock, love to see your car sometime....Ron(ruggs)

WOW! I really like that rear end!!!

Jim

nice bum there mate!!

Russ

Hey Leo, have you hooked up with the Springfield bunch? Get ahold of Al "23Tzer" Carpenter at sugarloaf_1998@yahoo.com and have him put you on the e-mail list. They have some sort of T-bucket or hot rod event almost every month, plus there is a lot of hot rod building expertise in that group.

Hey Leo, have you hooked up with the Springfield bunch? Get ahold of Al "23Tzer" Carpenter at sugarloaf_1998@yahoo.com and have him put you on the e-mail list. They have some sort of T-bucket or hot rod event almost every month, plus there is a lot of hot rod building expertise in that group.

Did get on his E-Mail list he has been sending me updates monthly

Thanks

Engine and tranny in fuel line run . Wedged a 2x4 against brake to leave overnight to check for leaks had a couple. Been snugging fittings last 2 day finally have none.Next the driveshaft here's two pictures.

Attachments

• 1103101724.jpg
    1103101724.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 1103101725.jpg
    1103101725.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 350
Looking good so far. Keep up the good work!

Jim

Looks great perfection takes time. Not to be critical but I was looking at your front spring from this bad old eye angle it looks like spring mount could contact axle when fully loaded.

Leo,
Looks great, Where wre you hiding the body?....Ron(ruggs)

Looks great perfection takes time. Not to be critical but I was looking at your front spring from this bad old eye angle it looks like spring mount could contact axle when fully loaded.

Your right it will any suggestions on how to fix?

Engine and tranny in fuel line run . Wedged a 2x4 against brake to leave overnight to check for leaks had a couple. Been snugging fittings last 2 day finally have none.Next the driveshaft here's two pictures.

very clean.
Looking forward to next pics. I did the same with my brakes. Pressurized the pedal and waited for signs of leaks.
Gerry

Your right it will any suggestions on how to fix?

I have seen some with ubolts then it usually clears without a bottom plate or just a plate on the under side to hold the ubolts and a hole for the center bolt.All the weight is on the top spring perch anyhow.

Build looks nice.

Here is how I fixed my front axle issues:

11%20oct%202010%20020.jpg_595.jpg

Thanks guy's pulled bolts and plate off bottom stuck bolts back though top holes and determined square u bolts will clear axle by a half an inch.

Thanks guy's pulled bolts and plate off bottom stuck bolts back though top holes and determined square u bolts will clear axle by a half an inch.

:hooray::bugle::beeer::hoist::egypt::thumb:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back