hardware hut 8.15 pair

0416111929.jpg

0416111921.jpg

0416111704.jpg

0416111703.jpg

0416111645.jpg

0416111353.jpg

0416111351.jpg

Mounted steering column drop yesterday and fitted column.Mounted turn signal lights and glassed in mounts for relays and fuse box on firewall.Today I'm looking to Herculiner the underside of body and bed and look to have enough left over to coat inside of pickup box. Warmer weather has charged me in more action and to after this it's ready to go back for final paint.

Looking better with every picture
gerry

Looking great I just have one thing that I had a problem with on mine I have long legs when I sat in mine my knee would hit the sifter so had to put in a really short one.Just something to look at and what warm weather 24 here this morning.

Hey Leo, those deck lid hinges are exactly what I need to finish my deck. Thanks for the info! Are you going to be able to bring your T to the Springfield NSRA meet next month? I'll be there.

Hey Leo, those deck lid hinges are exactly what I need to finish my deck. Thanks for the info! Are you going to be able to bring your T to the Springfield NSRA meet next month? I'll be there.

Going back to painter this week. He say's it will be the middle of May before I get back.Then wiring then to upholsterer, I don't think I'll make NSRA with my Bucket.
Leo

Looking great I just have one thing that I had a problem with on mine I have long legs when I sat in mine my knee would hit the sifter so had to put in a really short one.Just something to look at and what warm weather 24 here this morning.

58* yesterday 73* today!!! As for knee hitting shifter in this body you can stretch out pretty good and I really like the tilt wheel!!!

Leo

58* yesterday 73* today!!! As for knee hitting shifter in this body you can stretch out pretty good and I really like the tilt wheel!!!

Leo

Sound great just looking out for you to make sure it works before finished. It is the little things that matter at this point in a build.

I had a customer that had his shocks hooked up to the shackle brackets like your's, he hit a big dip and bottomed out the shocks, which then broke off a spring hanger, which then allowed the chassis to fall on the tie rod and then hit the ground, He was real lucky that he did not hit anybody else in the process... We changed the lower and upper mounts to farther back and fixed all the rest, not cheap, but he was glad it was not worse...

Here the last couple weeks my lifes been changing. Went looking for a new job after boss said no money for raises. It's funny after being with company for 18 years you'd think you be worth a cost of living raise, if anything to keep up with the price of fuel.
So starting June 6th I start a new career closer to home. I'm excited about the change and will be going from commercial to a corporate print setting.
As for the Bucket spent Saturday pulling some wires though the frame in preparation for the wiring harness after getting the body back June 11th. Attached kickdown cable for tranny and finally got tranny topped off with fluid. After starting and running several times mistakenly left in drive and nearly got run over when I juiced the gas!!!

Here' a couple of pic's more to come after completion of body
0505110615a.jpg
0522110649.jpg
0522110649a.jpg

Question for you???
Is it necessary to glass in your wooden mounts for your column drop and fuse boxes ect????
Would a wooden mount adhere to fiberglass with adhesive such as liquid nails??

Thanks in advance, and btw, your bucket project looks great.

Steve

Almost got run over, as I have mentioned before, when starting and playing with your car, try and keep the rear tires up off the ground on stands, this can save a life and/or a lot more damage... BTDT
Dont forget the nuetral,park safety switch.As you recall 2009 i started my car wile standing out side and it ran me over tore my ankle and leg up and put me out of work for 2 weeks.Then it hit my bench and just sat trying to go through the bench.

Question for you???
Is it necessary to glass in your wooden mounts for your column drop and fuse boxes ect????
Would a wooden mount adhere to fiberglass with adhesive such as liquid nails??

Thanks in advance, and btw, your bucket project looks great.

Steve

It probably would, but the fiberglass and resin I already had.

Leo

In that picture showing your working on wiring and it shows your rear radius rod, looks like too much threaded area hanging out of the rod itself, I would give a bit more at the rear and draw it in more at the front myself, I really hate to have threaded fasteners in that position with that many threads showing, too easy to break off at a thread... Looking very nice and doing clean work, should be a fun driver... Good Luck with everything. :)

In that picture showing your working on wiring and it shows your rear radius rod, looks like too much threaded area hanging out of the rod itself, I would give a bit more at the rear and draw it in more at the front myself, I really hate to have threaded fasteners in that position with that many threads showing, too easy to break off at a thread... Looking very nice and doing clean work, should be a fun driver... Good Luck with everything. :)

Body painted !!!!!!!! Now to mounting and wiring it up. What do you all think?

0611111237a.jpg

0611111237.jpg

Very nice and tasteful too.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back