Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

Friday Update . . . .

I pulled the trigger on the 632 :)

Talked at length with the Summit rep to see what little detail items I would need to order separately, and to verify that it was new stock, (since August 2018)

It came in just last month, so it's the latest and greatest, 11:1 CR with the bigger cam, current production series.

I was able to get all the ancillary items ordered and on the way, starter, flexplate, ignition coil, carburetor fuel line, break in oil, and a crap ton of little items and fittings.

Anyway, with a little luck, it will be here by Christmas

Thanks for all the encouragement guys,

Darlene

Wanna get married? I love women with a plan like you . Have fun till death us do part!!

I like that motor. You are going to have some fun!

Attachments

• 632 CI 815HP.jpg
    632 CI 815HP.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks guys,

It'll be time to start a build thread here pretty soon :thumbsup:

Just as soon as the major bits actually get here.

I'm so excited at this point, you just can't imagine

Now if I could just find a video of this beast with a set of Sanderson Zoomies . . .

Darlene

Did you get free shipping?

Free shipping to Miami . . . . god only knows what it'll be from there to here :cry:

They had an instant rebate early in the week, (I guess from Black Friday deals) but by the time I had the money, it was back to regular price and I couldn't get them to give me any comps.

Even though it was only a $250 savings, with virtually another grand in peripherals, it sure would have helped

Wanna get married? I love women with a plan like you . Have fun till death us do part!!

YOU DO KNOW I'M JUST FUNNIN' YA', DON'T YA'?/ I admire you on your wants and the build as everyone has a dream and should try to make it happen.
By the way, I hope to tell you happy birthday if/when I get to be your age since I'm a little younger than you, but you are in better health than me. And a lot better looking also.

Keep pluggin/wrenching' away and it will get finished, just stay safe doing it.

YOU DO KNOW I'M JUST FUNNIN' YA', DON'T YA'?/ I admire you on your wants and the build as everyone has a dream and should try to make it happen.
By the way, I hope to tell you happy birthday if/when I get to be your age since I'm a little younger than you, but you are in better health than me. And a lot better looking also.

Keep pluggin/wrenching' away and it will get finished, just stay safe doing it.

No problem . . . .

It's a common expression usually used in a complimentary manner, or at least that's my take on it over the years . . .

Of course I could be way behind the times, what with all this crap about trigger warnings, safe spaces, SJW's and bleedy-heart whiner types . . .

But you're good, this group is a lot like a family.

I have this thing about opening my mouth and inserting my foot and swallowing my knee thing and sometimes/most times I don't mean any harm, but some take it the wrong way. I'm just a big kid trying to have as much fun until I die, but it's expensive.

If there was a bridge between Hawaii and the mainland some of us would go as well as to where you are. We're nuts!! Ask Lincolnut!! he'll tell ya.

Yep just cruising...………..till the end...…...

NO. you're right. Reread post #92 and you will see what I said.

Island Girl,
Your big-engined T Bucket is going to be a monster. Your starter probably has more torque than my wimpy little 283 engine does.
I can't wait to see it completed. As I'm sure you are, too.

Island Girl,
Your big-engined T Bucket is going to be a monster. Your starter probably has more torque than my wimpy little 283 engine does.
I can't wait to see it completed. As I'm sure you are, too.

I had planned / dreamed from the start that I'd have some serious big block power, either sooner or later . . . now I'm so excited that it's sooner rather than later.

To that end, (and for the extra room for my long legs and fat butt) I went with the longer & wider '27 style over the '23 to get the extra wheelbase and rear track width which should help with handling the extra grunt.

Not sure what the torque numbers for a 283 are, but this is the starter I have ordered, (250+ ft-lbs of torque):

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pwm-9400/overview/

I thought that was you in your Avatar!! Just a little older now!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back