Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The rebuild of the YeloT

lincolnuT

Before I started.........
DSCF0877.jpg

After some parts were removed........
DSCF0881.jpg

JUst how much are you going to change? Don't muck up a neeto car, man!

Mike,
I need to remount the body after many years of New Mexico roads. I will redo the engine mounts, I intend to replace the trunk with a 20 inch bed along with a new gas tank. The bed will require a diffrent Top and mounts.
The main thing is the body mounting points because you can feel to body move when you get in the right movement and I just think it will be much safer after some upgrades. The car is about 12 years old and I will just feel better........Once you take the body off the frame you know the old story about, while I am doing this I just as well do this and so it goes..........

Mike

motormounts001.jpg
motormounts004.jpg

New Motor mounts being machined........

LincolnuT: Who's frame is that? Is it a Dragmaster?

Looking good so far...the bed will definitely give your ride a different look.

Ben, I don't know who built the frame. It was under there before I bought the car. It looks like DOM tubing when I cut of the back part. I think the car will really look different for sure............

Mike

Body025.jpg

Extending the bed by 4 inches..............
Body016.jpg

Needs some work now for sure...............
Body017.jpg

Looks a little naked now............I will start putting it back together soon.......

Dang Mike that is gonna be cool !

If you have any questions go ahead I have down this road make sure you cut behind the door outline.

Thanks Fred, I am ready to see some photos of your build?

Putz, I have decided to only extend the bed for more room to carry the wife's stuff, lol.......I have that done and now I am getting ready to mount it on the car but I need to set the body back on the frame for some mesurments.....................

Mike

Unless I can convince the wife that it will be cool without fenders then they will be reinstalled............

Mike

Ya got me convinced Mike!!

Ron

Body12-8006.jpg

Some glassing to reinforce the bed........
Body12-8002.jpg

Mike
What is going to happen to the old deck?

Lookin' good, Mike! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Mike
What is going to happen to the old deck?
Mike i guess it will hang on the wall in the shop. I really had not thought about what to do with it. You got some ideas?

Mike

Body12-13001.jpg

Before I started running new lines. The gas line was done here......
Body12-13005.jpg

New Trans Cooler and some new lines to it........Also some much improved body tabs......

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back