Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The rebuild of the YeloT

Mike
looking good! That frame is unique to say the least. On your deck, I just like them. I'm probably going to build a bobtail, but turtles are sure cute.

:thumbsup: Getting the once over by the boss....................
Body12-17-11025.jpg

Body12-17-11026.jpg
Body12-17-11027.jpg

Soon to be bottom of the bed area for storing things......The brackets behind are for the gas tank to sit on ......No weight on the bed at all with this rebuild except for the bed, the cover and the tail lights...............

That's gonna be goooood !!

12-28--11top023.jpg

The new Top frame is built and needs some welding and then some paint.....she is going back together......

Mike

Looking good .. can you get a straight on picture of the anchor for top base on the sides
Thanks

RocknT you mean on the body or on top of the windshield?

Mike

12-28--11top021.jpg

Like this RocknT? ......this is from the front..........

Mike

Oh sorry I meant how it attaches down on the lower side of the body . Wanting to see how you anchored it at the bottom on the back inside and on the out side
Thanks

Oh sorry I meant how it attaches down on the lower side of the body . Wanting to see how you anchored it at the bottom on the back inside and on the out side
Thanks
12-23-11snow015.jpg

Inside with plate of Alumn and holes with glass and fiber.........
12-23-11snow007.jpg

Outside drivers side they will have a 1/2 inch Alumn Washer behind with an Alumn nut on the outside for looks......
12-23-11snow009.jpg

Pass side the Alumn parts have set screws to attach them to the 1/2 inch steel tubing......Does this answer your questions?

Mike

Now thats what I am talking about .. Thanks

top1-3-12012.jpg

Here is what the tailgate will look like after I finish. I am going to have billet Alum tailgate hinges. The bed will be yellow and I think the hinges and tail light will really stand out.....May paint the bed this weekend...............

Mike

That looking great , :thumbsup:

Where did you get the taillights? Those look pretty neat!

Leds from Speedway..........

motor1-9-12015.jpg

motor1-9-12012.jpg

Motor mounts replaced with much better parts.............

bedtop1-13-12015.jpg

Working on the bed cover.....................

Cool, I've never done a turning as big as a bed cover but then I use a 1/2" dowel.

Ron

bedtop1-13-12-22005.jpg

New Gas tank for the rebuild thanks to weelstang's Alum welding............I have 14.7 gallons of gas to cruise on now...................

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back