Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The "what's left of my build thread!"

Thanks for the compliments and the ideas. I'll keep an eye out for one of the folding tag mounts.

Don - I didn't own the tree or the welding truck!:sad::eek: My dad did. She didn't want that "old junk car" I was working on.:ciao:;)

I've been finishing up the brake plumbing today. I also started capping the front end of the frame rails. I left them open for access, but it's time to close 'em up.

I'll try to get some pics up, but Doc says I've got to have a "few" tests run tommorrow. Don't know what that'll bring up.

Mike

Good luck with the doc!

Ron

donsrods said:
Yeah, good luck with that. Let us know how it went.

Don

Yes good luck with the Doc, the older I get the more I don't like them.

It's hard to like someone who scolds you for 20 minutes and then turns around and charges you $75 on top of it. Boy, that takes the cake.

Ron

Thanks for the concern, guys.

Still not through with all the tests. Some critical part of the testing equipment was in need of calibration yesterday.

Hope to get it all finished today.

So far, so good though.

Mike

Well, I got the results of the med tests. Doc says I have to get the old heart plumbing roto-rooted!:sad:

Hopefully this will only set me back a week or so, but I guess it has to be done. Wife says I need to take a break anyway.

Mike

You'll be back into things and feeling better soon. Your wife has great advice. Lay back and get pampered for a while, then roll out full steam ahead.

Piece of cake Mike. Been there and back. Got a T-sirt to prove it!

Ron

tfeverfred said:
then roll out full steam ahead.

Yeah Fred, looks like I'll have time to think about the next project. My Dad has several old Jeeps with 4 bangers. Might make a decent engine for a speedster!:)

Mike

Well, I'm back from the hospital!:cry:

Doc said I have 2 minor blockages that don't merit fixing at this time. So that's good! Still haven't tracked down the source of the occassional chest pains, but he's going to look further. At any rate, I don't have to worry as much about having the old ticker quit on me!

Bummer is, I can't lift more than 10 lbs. for 3 days:sad:.

My son is going have to be my hands for a few days 'cause I sure ain't gonna quit working on the T! Therapy baby, therapy!:lol::lol:

Mike

That's good news Mike. The 3 days will be gone before you know it. Just take it easy,OK?

Ron

I'm glad things worked out Mike. Just do what they say and you will be fine. Don't rush it. After I had my heart attack 20 years ago I had to prove I was tough, so I took my Son fishing a week later............I had a second heart attack. Give yourself a chance to heal.
Don

I promise I'll take it easy, guys.

I'm just glad it hasn't turned out to be more serious, so far. Doc said my heart actually looks and functions good. He suspects the pain may not even be heart related. Of course, it'll take more tests to find out just what it is.:sad:

It is amazing just what can be done with modern medical technology. It's expensive as HE**, but doctors have more info now than ever before. This doctor actually had the same 3D ultrasound heart imaging equipment in his office that I saw on a science program recently.

When I could keep my anxiety level in check, I was actually fascinated by the whole process.

Mike

Mike!

Doc says take it easy for 3 days... you multiply it by four and tell the kids it's 12 days they need to "help out"... Opportunities like this don't come around that often, ya got to work it!

Now before you start calling me brilliant and such... I can not take credit... My mom was often sic... trust me... she followed this formula! I wish she was around to do it some more...

Well everyone, I guess I'm back. These last few weeks since my last entry have been a real roller coaster ride.

First it was the health problems, then it was high school graduation and teenager issues. The health problems turned out OK, but the teenager issues are ongoing.

Actually though,I have managed to get a few things done on the T, but not as much as I had hoped.

Here's a quick list:

The fuel and brake lines are plumbed.

I swapped the front discs out for 39 Lincoln self-energizing drums just 'cause I think they look better.

I fabbed some supports for the header mufflers .

The 3x2 setup from Hot Rod Carburetion came in and it sure is purty.

Right now I'm in the process of getting my serial number and title from the state. I'm about ready for paint and finish work, but I really can't start that until the state gets through with the inspection process. That shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks if I'm lucky. I may post a tech article on my experience with this process, if anyone is interested.

Oh, one other thing, I picked up a metal lathe and vertical bandsaw for my shop. The lathe is an 11" x 24" Sheldon. Small yes, but campared to the 6" x 20" Atlas I've been using, it's down right huge. The bandsaw is a 14" Delta for metal and wood. The saw will come in handy as I've gotten real tired of converting my Harbor Freight saw back and forth from vertical to horizontal. Still need to get them moved, though.

I'll try to get some pictures up ASAP.

Well mike, it's good to see you feeling better. I envy you with your new toys. I've got a Northern saw like your HF one. I don't mind the changing as much as the position you are in when doing vertical work. I'll be waiting to see the pics.

ron

As promised, here are some picures of the work I've done in the last few weeks.

I'm posting with Photobucket, so I hope this works.

DSCF0991.jpg

Well that worked ok. This is a pic of the trans cooler lines and Lokar trans dipstick. Had to fab a new bracket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back