Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tires - what do you guys like to ride on?

OK, I ordered a pair of the small Nexens for the front of my T. I'll look when they arrive to see where they're made. FWIW, I have been to China many times, going back to '96. Anyone who wants to know where the wealth of the West has gone need only visit cities like Shanghai and Chongqing. Shanghai in particular is a virtual ocean of skyscrapers, with streets unbelievably crowded by Buick minivans, Mercedes and BMWs. There is nothing like it anywhere in the US.

Jack
Their citys look exactly like ours, Their Hiways are are 3-5 lanes eachway going and coming, have hellacious traffic jams just like the US. And the LOVE Buicks and the German cars there.

Not to wander too far from the point again, but "in God we trusted", and the politicians have made even saying that all but illegal, but if your Muslim you can block traffic on Friday.... Forget about trusting the politicians lying asses. I thought coker made the old size tires still, anyone tried them?
Coker makes the old style tires, which are cool if your going period specific and just for looks. Expensive, but you get what you pay for....
I'd much rather pay a little more, and have the Hoosiers and M/Ts avail....when we need them.

Exactly T-Test! You wanna hear Something really stupid? Happened to me about 4 months ago.
I work with my hands, and on occassions I'll get a metal splinter from deburring steel/ tubing, or a alum. plate. For as long as I can remember I've used the Black Drawing sauve....its like a dark smelly grease, but it works.
Mash on it, get it a little irratated, let if fester, slap on this dark stuff and a bandaide....splinter comes right out everytime.
Well, went to my druggist, he didn't have any, nobody has any. They stopped making it, because it worked too good and folks weren't buying other stuff to get splinters out, so the Pharm. co's made them stop making it....so they could sell their shit that doesn't work....

I'd much rather pay a little more, and have the Hoosiers and M/Ts avail....when we need them.[/QUOTE]

Only if you are blown and not injected!!

Coker makes the old style tires, which are cool if your going period specific and just for looks. Expensive, but you get what you pay for....
I'd much rather pay a little more, and have the Hoosiers and M/Ts avail....when we need them.
I have never tried them personally, (Coker)but I have seen them at the cruise in, etc... About those foreign tires, most tires are now, even some "American" branded tires. I give up on worrying about it as long as they are true and wear well. I have had good luck with the foreign made rubber on my bikes and some cars, trucks, and some bad experience with some domestic brands. ??? I think they all have good and bad products, like most stuff.

I have never tried them personally, (Coker)but I have seen them at the cruise in, etc... About those foreign tires, most tires are now, even some "American" branded tires. I give up on worrying about it as long as they are true and wear well. I have had good luck with the foreign made rubber on my bikes and some cars, trucks, and some bad experience with some domestic brands. ??? I think they all have good and bad products, like most stuff.
I have a friend, more of an acquaintance, who owns a rural store that sells feed, guns, ammo, tires, basic farm type stuff, and he told me that the new tires actually have a shelf life and must be returned or destroyed if not sold within a certain period, I don't recall the exact time, but it wasn't very long, like 36 months or so. Per him, they are designed to biodegrade so they won't lay around in landfills, etc... He had some old stock tires that were from the 90's and they were fine still, but the newer ones start dry rotting and cracking on the sidewalks, no weather or uv exposure...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back