Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Towing?

th_FILE0093.jpg

I tow with mine, it goes pretty good, plenty of hill and passing power :)
5x8 loaded teardrop, barely notice it. The ride, well its a t bucket! lolol

norseman said:
th_FILE0093.jpg

I tow with mine, it goes pretty good, plenty of hill and passing power :beer:

Paul, I'd love to see more of it. You got any bigger pictures?

th_FILE0088.jpg

under the rear, didnt build a galley, the cabinet space is where my daughters bunk is...

FILE0089.jpg

Inside is paneled and insulated. 12 volt lights, am/fm WITH casette, multiple 12 volt plug in so I can plug in the cell phone, dvd player etc.crank out windows with screens, if you park it in a cross wind its nice and breezy...I was looking at a picture of a 1947 modernistic teardrop and I see they used the same door latch, model T stuff..
If a guy got with it and had a few tools you could put one togather in a year, it took me 2 but I dawdled around alot..
Sits on a 2x2x1/8th tube trailer, 1500 lb axle with 5 lug hubs that hold a vintage set of keystone klassic rims..
My interior, its just the right size for a futon mattress, Allisons bunk is above our feet. it is comfy to sleep in for the three of us. The roadmap hanging on the front is a 1940 standard oil. fun seeing the good old usa pre interstate..

th_FILE0211.jpg

camping at brainerd international speedway during the MSRA super secret fun run

FILE0090.jpg

hitch with no box on it, added a box to carry blocking, tools and misc oddball crap on top of the tounge..
I wish i had some bigger pix but thats all of them! lololol
We love our teardrop camper and I cant wait to hit the road again..
Ive been contemplating a paint scheme, right now its a satin gray color. it should be sheeted in aluminum but I have a serious lack of loose change and ambition..

Norseman; that's great...we love the Teardrop and want to tow it with something other than just the Jeep...here's ours

norseman said:
th_FILE0093.jpg

I tow with mine, it goes pretty good, plenty of hill and passing power :)
Anyone that says that you can not get a great ride from a T has not tried, with all the spring and shock combos that are to be had, or made, it can ride like a Baby buggy if you like, but no low hanging pans or steering pitman arms:) in a GREAT riding car...:beer: I even have a skid plate to protect mine...

I have plans for both an 8' and a 10' teardrop trailer that I will send to anyone who asks. Email me if you are interested.................

Cool! A benroy! did you build that one?
Looks good behind the jeep too! lolol

I havent tried too hard at getting a better ride, its actually not that bad, better than I expected even! lol One day if I get a wild hair i might try improving it..

Now thats livin u guys are very creative. Is their plans for the campers?????????? If so where could the rooster get a look at some .

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers :: Index
I hang out there alot, oodles of pictures, plans ideas and like minded folks.
der spieler has a set of plans you could get your hands on. I just built one, never really had a plan just a picture in my head and a pair of windows and some leftover keystone klassic rims lololol..its not a difficult task.
Tearjerkers.net has some stuff to but it seems to be an abridged version of the bigger website..
Have fun!! paul

Wow what a cool website thanks Norseman you may see the Rooster in there.

I have plans for a smaller teardrop primarily to haul stuff, but it will be long enough for me to sleep in if the need arises. I actually have had the frame and axle sitting in the shop for three years waiting for me to build the dang trailer, but I've spent all my time working on and driving the T. Here is a rendering Humidi-T did of a line drawing I posted on the other board about threee years ago...

tandtrailercolor.jpg

Here is my three-view...

plansnap75.jpg

I have detailed plans done on AutoCAD if anyone is interested.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back