Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Towing?

Yes; the Teardrop is a homebuilt; started by lurking on the TinyTears web forum to get ideas bought a set of Kuffel Creek plans and some from Mike on the sight ....made a drawing of what I wanted and went to work. This years improvements will be a torsion axle(highly recomended) some early style fenders and tire/wheel combo to match the T-Bucket I will build. On the Tears forum I am just 'gassman' there are some build pics listed. Rick and Tracy's vinyl roofed TearDrop. Like tis forum the members are very helpful; especially to the newcomer. If you want to build one and need help....feel free to ask for it !!!

akitagandy said:
What would be a good size to build that could be pulled by a T-bucket, Don't forget I'm a BIG man 6'3" 3?? pounds
I'd build a 5x8 like Norseman has; that's what most the tall people go with...actually our 4x8 houses a twin size bed...plenty for us and the kitchen LOL

Lee_in_KC said:
I have plans for a smaller teardrop primarily to haul stuff, but it will be long enough for me to sleep in if the need arises. I actually have had the frame and axle sitting in the shop for three years waiting for me to build the dang trailer, but I've spent all my time working on and driving the T. Here is a rendering Humidi-T did of a line drawing I posted on the other board about threee years ago...

tandtrailercolor.jpg

Here is my three-view...

plansnap75.jpg

I have detailed plans done on AutoCAD if anyone is interested.
I have the plans from Steve in PDF can i get a set of yours?It looks like its more my size.

Looks like I need to add my name to this plans request list as well got a chassis sitting here now waiting for the teardrop body and have appliances from a few stripped out campers waiting for a home!if anyone has plans to share please send them to hammerman 35 "at"juno.com
Thank You

If you taller guys are thinking teardrop camper i would look into making one 9 to 10 ft long, Im 5'9" and its nip and tuck without much room to stretch. Its a good thing the wife and I are spooners :lol: If I could change anything on mine it would be a bit longer.. build it to fit the matress you want to sleep on...

The Campster 12
Those plans have been in speedway for a few years, as with anyones directions, your mileage may vary..Im really thinking about building another one for a little more room (12 ft campster by Grant Whipp) but I will keep my 5 foot wide for hotrodding. These things are almost as addicting as t buckets...:D Have fun!!!! paul

As Norseman said those plans have been in the Speedway catalog for quite a while. Personally I purchased a set a few years back while planning our build...you get what you pay for.

gassman57 said:
..you get what you pay for.

I found them in my 2008 catalog. They are in a part I usually don't look at so that's why I missed them. I take it they aren't very good plans.

der Spieler said:
I found them in my 2008 catalog. They are in a part I usually don't look at so that's why I missed them. I take it they aren't very good plans.

Hard to get that deep in the catalog before the thighs go numb isn't it?

Todd said:
Hard to get that deep in the catalog before the thighs go numb isn't it?

I start to lose feeling in my butt cheeks first, then the thighs.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back