Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tunnel ram questions

I have setup a few over the years, and made only one carb work, they both looked like they worked, but no fuel in, and a block off plate under the carb, made it all look right without all the problems of two 4 barrel carbs. Also took the bottom butterflies out, so that the linkage could still work as it should, and just used a rivet to block off the fuel line... (inside)

While disabling 1 carb & running off 1 will work pretty well , IMO & experience the 4 cylinders "under" the working carb will run a little rich & the 4 under the dead carb will run lean ..

dave

The consensus in anywhere from 350 to 550 cfm., usually 2 small 4bbls. If you want to run 2 4bbls, your tuning skills will have to grow to set these things up to begin with and to keep things in adjustment. The past few years, I've been on a 2bbl kick....and now I've ventured off into the EFI tuning of the 4bbls injectors(Looks identical to carbs). Besides being simplier to tune....Do it from one of my many speciality laptops....its alot quicker too. Though they are more expensive.
To answer your question....390's can be utilized, though more difficult to tune, the 450-495 seem better and easier to setup. Alot of folks run the dual 500-600 models, with their 'biggish' motors.
Theres plenty of info here to set them up, just do a search....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back