Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tunnel Ram Set up

coloradotbucket

I have decided to go with a tunnel ram with dual 4s for my Bucket. Its only for looks and I don't mind if I loose a little on the bottom end. The car has so much pull right now with 4.10s, I am not worried about a little mushier throttle at all but I am sure there is somebody out there that has messed with a similar setup. My car is a 302 with a healthy cam and I am no strangers to carbs at all, been working with them all my life, I just wanted some tips on this setup. The carbs are vacuum secondary holley 600s, and I don't mind pulling the powervalves out or whatever , I just want a sensible idle that doesn't load up and only equal power to what I have now which is a Holley 600 on an edelbrock single plane intake. Input would be appreciated.

That's a lot of carb for a 302... If I liked hollys I would have run two 390's... more than enough... but I ran edelbrock 500's... we've got it setup pretty good... I just can't mash it or I get a slight stumble then launch... if I just do a controlled (about 1 sec) acceleration... it's just launch.

intake.jpg

what i would look into is the secondary springs.. i cant remember the color code for the secondary springs, but basicly just get the springs that shut the secondaries off until a higher rpm or not use the secondaries at all..
pump cams, and discharge nozzles..

if i were doing it i would probably just shut the secondaries off completely for the ease of doing it and see what it acts like..

2 600's are alot of carburetor for a smallblock..

Brucer said:
what i would look into is the secondary springs.. i cant remember the color code for the secondary springs, but basicly just get the springs that shut the secondaries off until a higher rpm or not use the secondaries at all..
pump cams, and discharge nozzles..

if i were doing it i would probably just shut the secondaries off completely for the ease of doing it and see what it acts like..

2 600's are alot of carburetor for a smallblock..
I agree with Brucer here. I would put the strongest spring I could find in the front carbs secondary and use the primaries of the back carb as secondaries. It would kind of work like a single that way. DPI.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back