Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turning my attention to the brakes

jbisme

Pre 1980's trucks seem to be all motor with little stoping power. Looking at the old master cylinder, it seems inadequate. So tonight's online window shopping led me to here.

(Click here and have a look)
Master Power Brakes - FORD TRUCK 7" SINGLE DIAPHRAGM POWER BOOSTER/MASTER CYLINDER

It seems worth doing, but should I upgrade the front drums into discs? I'm going to have to knock out the old king pins, change out the old brakes with new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, and brake lines anyway. So is it worth waiting several more months to save for the full kit? I would save $100 by ordering the full kit instead of seperately. I may have just answered my own question, but I'm a novice at building a hot rod and I want to do it right.

(Here is the kit that includes the disc brakes)
Master Power Brakes - FORD TRUCK POWER FRONT DISC BRAKE KIT (FULLY ASSEMBLED)

Here is an article on the assembly of this product.
Ford F100 Power Disc Brake Upgrade - Classic Trucks Magazine

That looks like a very complete kit. I'll bet it'll pull that vintage iron down to a stop.
What engine do you have in your truck?

railroad

It has the origional 352 Ford FE big block. No idea if has been bored bigger, like any 66 lots of power and no breaks.

This may seem like a stupid question . But to stop wont you just turn the tiller the opposite direction and slam it into reverse??????? Just askin

Bad Rooster:spank:!

RPM cut out a design for my boat that you will like. It is ripped off from a Jayhawk and the Tennessee Titans logo. Ron calls it the flaming chicken head. I was going to call it the Night Hawk, but Cooked Rooster sounds okay.

LargeNightHawk3.jpg

Looks like a bananna on fire. i think Ron is steering you the wrong way. Here let me help ya.

Oops, that's his tiny brother. Don't make him mad or the big guy will come get ya.

LargeNightHawk3-1.jpg

I just peeded my self a bit when i saw the new revised one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back