Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turtle Deck?

JayJayJay

Hi Guys I'm new to the "T" business but have reciently bought a new project for me and my son to work on. What I don't have and am looking for is a 27 Turtle Deck its larger then the 25 and can't seem to find one anywhere, does anyone have any ideas where I could locate one ?:confused:

Thanks

JayJayJay

Welcome to the forum. I'm a little confused. Do you already have the '27 body and need just the turtledeck? If so, is your body glass or steel? I know of no one making a separate turtle deck in glass for the '26-27, but original steel ones show up on ebay occasionally.

If you mean that you are looking for a '27 body complete with turtle deck, Speedway among others sells these.

Don

Welcome to the site JJJ. Hope you can find what you're looking for. Let us know a few more details so we can help you fine it.

Ron

Guys this is a 27 steel Bucket (I'm told) but I don't have a deck for it I see that there are a lot of 25 smaller decks but no 27 which I think are a little bit bigger as well as have more of a curve to them this is what I'm looking for, if anyone can help......:lol:

if you could post a picture, it would be easier to advise.

Ron

Here is what I have , but still not sure can somebody help out! Thanks in advance..

JJJ
2776271080103314748S600x600Q85.jpg

the back of your body dosen't resemble a '26-'27 roadster. is it steel or f'glass??

Ron

it is a '26-'27 body and i would guess it to be a f'glass one. the turtle deck could be added but would take some workcheck with some of the body makers like poliform speedway etc and see if they can supply the deck. i would suggest a pick-up box. that would be so much easier to install and actually more usable.a steel box would be easy enough to build so you can make it longer if you need too.let me know if you need measurements for the box.

Ron

I agree with Ron a Box is so much more usable than a deck.Un less you do like Ex-Junk but your talking lots of work.

It's steel, Im just not sure what year , buy the way I would post a better picture but it's buried under a tarp in the snow right now!:confused: I was told that it was a 27 lakes roadster, it look like others but maybe somebody with a better eye can tell. Please let me know!!!

Thanks JJJ

Youngster said:
it is a '26-'27 body and i would guess it to be a f'glass one. the turtle deck could be added but would take some workcheck with some of the body makers like poliform speedway etc and see if they can supply the deck. i would suggest a pick-up box. that would be so much easier to install and actually more usable.a steel box would be easy enough to build so you can make it longer if you need too.let me know if you need measurements for the box.

Ron
It's a steel body, I was told it's a 27 lakes roadster, Make any sense to you! I like the looks of it but some days get the bug for a coupe body...

Thanks JJJ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back