Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted chrome heat shields

WMG

Looking for a set of chrome heat shields for the turn outs on my bucket. Any recommendations?

Looked at doing that but the cut edge would be subject to rusting, would it not?

I do this on chrome motorcycle pipes all the time. Cut the ends off with a fine tooth hacksaw, then touch-up the edge with Rustoleum black. The paint doesn't show on the pipes, and it stops the rust. The only potential problem might be that if the plating isn't good quality, it might chip at the cuts. Haven't seen that in the ones I've cut though.

Jack

Purchased a small sheet of perforated T-304 stainless from onlinemetals.com and bent up my own.

Northstar T, what size was the sheet before you bent it up and what type of bracket did you use to hold it on the pipes? Do you have pictures to show what you did?

rubicon you do know this thread is almost 3 years old and I have not seen Northstar T in a real long time on the forum.....I would not expect and answer any time soon......

Thanks, I wasn't paying attention. Ill start a new thread.
Yea, old thread, if your looking, get a old SS stack shield from a diesel, cut it to suit your fancy, and attach. Many styles, many lengths, cheap and Plentiful....
Modify to make it your own....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back