Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"warn status"?

Yeah what is this when you make a new post it says warn status with a bar graph.

Found it it you click on your warn status it will tell all your warnings like this is mine.

Saved warn logs: putz
Warned by Notes There are no saved notes for this member

Found it it you click on your warn status it will tell all your warnings like this is mine.

Saved warn logs: putz
Warned by Notes There are no saved notes for this member

So as I'm taking this is that I see mine but, don't see it for others.........ruggs ( didn't think I did wrong)

So as I'm taking this is that I see mine but, don't see it for others.........ruggs ( didn't think I did wrong)

Exactly right you can only see yours.Nobody else can :kiltdance:

You should all see a small area at the bottom of the postbit that says Warn Status. Below that is a small rectangle, that should be background color. If you click on the Warn Status, as putz has mentioned, you should see the same message, that there are no saved notes for you.

If you do see that rectangle containing color, part-way across, you will have also received a Private Message and an e-mail, notifying you that you have been warned for a violation of the forum rules.

ruggs, between this and my response to your PM, I think (hope??) your question should be answered. I am struggling to get enough coffee inside myself this morning and my head is thick as a brick, so if there is any discrepancy or confusion, please get back with me and I'll try to explain a bit better.

For the most part, this is something you won't need to be concerned about. However it does herald a bit of a change that everyone needs to be aware of, and this seems like the place to make that announcement.

This forum is blessed to have this many members that are willing to get along with one another, in spite of existing differences. As I pointed out in another topic, the percentage of members who have been banned from this site is incredibly low. We just don't have many problems around here and for that, I thank you.

When I've taken on additional forum staff, the one thing I've always mentioned is that I want them to develop a style that will allow other members to simply forget they are moderators. Look how well each one of them has accomplished just that. If every forum admin had moderators like Bruce, Jim and Todd, they would all be as tickled as I am.

But I must say I've been seeing a disturbing trend over the last few months. We've had a tiny handful of members who have either failed to read and become familiar with the rules f this forum, or they feel they are above being held fast to those rules. As an example, a couple days ago a member made an inappropriate post in a thread that actually had nothing to do with him. I questioned his motives and rather than answer my questions, he chose to protest my own involvement in the topic and then went on to offer his opinion on how other members should use this forum. Apparently we've yet another member who feels he knows more about operating this site than do I. When my son was around the age of ten, he used to make those same kinds of protests and suggestions. They didn't work for him, either.

When we ran this site on vBulletin forum software, we had a warning system enabled. It was rarely used, so when we converted the site over to this Invision forum software, I didn't bother enabling its own warning system. It just wasn't necessary. But that was then, this is now and some of the dynamics of this site have shifted. So, we're going to return to using a warning system. I wish it wasn't necessary, but the actions of a few outweigh my personal wishes.

Here's how it all works. First, everyone takes a couple minutes to read the Forum Rules. Then everyone takes a couple minutes to read the Term of Service. Those are the rules and the guidelines by which every member of this site is governed, while participating on this site. If there should be anything there that you feel is unfair, or that you cannot willingly accept, it is my expectation you will log out of the forums and never return. The continued participation of any member on this site constitutes an acceptance of the above rules and terms.

As you will see on the Forum Rules page, under the section titled Policing, we have a three strike policy. A rules infraction will earn offenders a warning. Offenders will be allowed three infractions in a three-month period, unless a violation is deemed to be excessive. Violation of the rules a fourth time will result in offenders being banned from the forum. if you receive an infraction, feel free to contact me via one Private Message. I will review the situation on an individual basis and if I feel the infraction was unfair, it will be lifted. Do not hold your breath. I gave considerable consideration to each one of our moderators and fully trust their judgment, so if you receive a warning from anyone, you likely had it coming.

In a nutshell, the process is actually quite simple. If you behave in a tolerant and adult manner, respecting the opinions of other members, we all move on as if nothing has changed. And this is what I anticipate will happen, in nearly every instance. This doesn't amount to any real change of policy, it just moves a reminder of policy out into the open.

I hope everyone will understand I don't like having to play the part of a schoolyard monitor. I hate it, to be truthful. But if this is what I have to do to ensure this forum maintains the peaceful balance we are accustomed to having, then so be it. I know, there are a few of you who think I'm a bad guy. To those who feel that way, I can only point out the balance of the forum members who can participate on this site without suffering your nonsense. And that makes it pretty easy to put your negative feelings about me completely out of mind.

Apologies for the interruption caused by this public service announcement. You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled forum experience.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back