Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

water lines direct to heads?

2 smaller lines running to the front of the heads will flow alot more fluid than one big line. For those wondering....I have completely bypassed the little crossove, either removing it entirely, or just blocking it off completely.
NOW, if you remove it completely, you either have to extend the face of the intakes where it bolts to the head, OR, just make a cover plate to seal off what you don't want.

The drilling and tapping of the 3/4's fittings on the front of the heads is the perfect solution. You guys just be careful going into that waterjacket, and don't drill into the inner wall if you can help it. I wa training a fella and we was smoking a cig. talking and not watching what he was doing, and busted thru the combustion chamber....

Im intrigued with the hoses from the radiator to the heads. Do they flow enough water to keep a street engine cool?

I have a Mooneyham manifold on my bucket. It has no provision for a thermostat. and we run four braided steel water hoses from the radiator back to the heater hose fittings on the manifold. Running two at the front didnt seem to shift enough water, so we used the two rear ones too.

The 4 hoses still dont flow as much as a single 2 inch hose tho.

thanks
Todd

Im intrigued with the hoses from the radiator to the heads. Do they flow enough water to keep a street engine cool?

I have a Mooneyham manifold on my bucket. It has no provision for a thermostat. and we run four braided steel water hoses from the radiator back to the heater hose fittings on the manifold. Running two at the front didnt seem to shift enough water, so we used the two rear ones too.

The 4 hoses still dont flow as much as a single 2 inch hose tho.

thanks
Todd
It worked on my long car. Blown 350 with 20% overdrive on the blower. Used Walker radiator, never overheated.

Here it is on a boss motor. The only time I have ever seen it done is when your intake doesn't have a water cross over like in Jerry's car. I am not sure why you would want to do it for any other reason.
blueengn001.jpg

When I first saw her in this picture.....my heart melted. Even though she's totally incomplete, I saw the look. This picture is worth a thousand words, a diamond in the rough! I'M IN LOVE!!!! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

could only be better if it were a all aluminum 392 Hemi.... :hiding:

2 smaller lines running to the front of the heads will flow alot more fluid than one big line. For those wondering....I have completely bypassed the little crossove, either removing it entirely, or just blocking it off completely.
NOW, if you remove it completely, you either have to extend the face of the intakes where it bolts to the head, OR, just make a cover plate to seal off what you don't want.

The drilling and tapping of the 3/4's fittings on the front of the heads is the perfect solution. You guys just be careful going into that waterjacket, and don't drill into the inner wall if you can help it. I wa training a fella and we was smoking a cig. talking and not watching what he was doing, and busted thru the combustion chamber....

Yikes, that sounds expensive! Sleeve it?

OK, I'm convinced. I'm gonna put the lines in the heads AND I'm gonna reverse flow it, too, with air bleeds at top of the heads to burp it. Plus a bunch of other stuff...busy winter coming. Thanks to all for the great comments.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back