Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Were did everybody go?

jbisme

Where did everybody go? The new forum looks good and seems to run almost the same as the old one. Very little has changed. Yet the forum seems to be down to a crawl on posts. Come back guys! :scream:

Where did everybody go? The new forum looks good and seems to run almost the same as the old one. Very little has changed. Yet the forum seems to be down to a crawl on posts. Come back guys! :scream:

Gonna take some time to get used to this new format. Not crazy about it myself but trying to figure it out. Most will be back some won't i fear tho.

Ron

Gonna take some time to get used to this new format. Not crazy about it myself but trying to figure it out. Most will be back some won't i fear tho.

Ron
Listen, if a computer dummy like me can muddle my way through this new Forum, ANYBODY can!

Jim

Present :scream:

I'm on here ten times a day ya meathead.......... :scream:

Maybe there busy working on T Buckets............OUCH......did I say that out load

LOL

Mike

I for one don't like it! My album is gone. My avatar is gone! I don't want to play anymore! I have asked to be removed! I had just got to the point I could navigate the forum and now its changed! I don't have any desire to
relearn everything.

Where did everybody go? The new forum looks good and seems to run almost the same as the old one. Very little has changed. Yet the forum seems to be down to a crawl on posts. Come back guys! :sob:

I was going to ask the same thing....I've been checking it several times a day too.

I will admit it is taking some getting used to, but after a week or so it will be old hat! :scream:

I for one don't like it! My album is gone. My avatar is gone! I don't want to play anymore! I have asked to be removed! I had just got to the point I could navigate the forum and now its changed! I don't have any desire to
relearn everything.
I was gone due to outside circumstances (computer was down) and when I came back my computer kept saying it couldn't find this sites server. Finally Googled and found that the address (or whatever its called) had changed from "The T-Bucket Forum" to "T-Bucket Forum" Maybe Mike changed it or something happened, I don't know.
dmc3113, I wouldn't give up so fast! I have to imagine that Mike is aware of the problems and is doing his darnedest to fix things. You got here to complain so it can't be that bad.

Just remember that change is inevitable, suffering is optional.

John

P.S. MIKE! If those are pictures of your little girl, WHAT A Q-T-PIE. You are truely blessed.

I'm sure Mike is doing the best he can in a circumstance that's not easy to deal with. I'm just glad he stepped up to the plate and want's to keep it going, people like him are rare. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy for me to learn it yet but i'm starting to get good. When you start to look around many things are actually better. I guess everything in life is a compromise.

Mike

I think Mike's got most of the bugs worked out with the forum software. The individual problems now are with members computers. If it were the forum software we'd all be having problems. Aside from setting up my account on the forum and figuring out what buttons do what the software is running fine for me. If you're having problems try running Firefox instead of IE, it's a free browser that you can download from the internet.

Most things are pretty close to what they were in vBulletin. And those that aren't, I have found to be extremely intuitive. If some folks don't care for it, then it's their decision to leave. I've yet to find a site that didn't experience an ebb and flow, so this one is no exception.

relearn everything.
You asked to be removed? Who did you ask, because it certainly wasn't me. Since it has come up, we don't 'remove' anyone. We figure our members are all adults and if they do not like the site, they can control their own destinies. Being 'removed' is as simple as logging out and not returning. I'm sorry to see you go, however I do hope you will find a community that is a better fit for you.

P.S. MIKE! If those are pictures of your little girl, WHAT A Q-T-PIE. You are truely blessed.
Thank you. :scream: Yes, she is a blessing and I love her madly. Not a day goes by I don't give thanks for having her as part of my life.

If it were the forum software we'd all be having problems.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! :sob:

I abhor change as much as the next guy. And I've managed to to not only make the required changes to use the front-end of the forum, but in the back room as well. (And I am not joking when I say I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.) Not only have I sorted how things work, I've actually come to appreciate the fact that Invision is much simpler and more intuitive than vBulletin ever was.

A lesson that came a bit hard for me was I can embrace progress and flow with it, or I can deny progress and be left behind. I don't like being left behind.

Posting is a bit slow, which I figure is down to everyone learning their way around. However traffic is actually been good these last 3-4 days. November looks to be our best month ever and these last 3-4 days are helping that along. I reckon as soon as everyone gets settled in, the daily post count will pick right back up.

i think mike did a great job,im gettin around ok or at least as good as i was on the other site so no complants here :scream:

Well, I'm here, but I have to use my laptop. I'm trying to get used to it, but I guess I'm a slow learner.

Well, I'm here, but I have to use my laptop. I'm trying to get used to it, but I guess I'm a slow learner.

Ok, Why your lap top? your desk top down? or it only works on your lap top?

I'm still here. Been busy with family stuff for the last week. Haven't had time to really look over the new site enough to say if I like it or not.

It's different looking for sure, but I'm sure it'll work as good as the old site. Mike has taken care of us before and I'm sure he'll fix anything that doesn't work.

Mike

I am here too, but I am finally back to work so my posting and building time has been greatly reduced. Either no work and lots of play time, or work and slower progress. Hmmm, I guess I have to pick option B.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back