Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Were did everybody go?

Maybe there busy working on T Buckets............OUCH......did I say that out load

Ha ha...

Progress is starting to happen on mine. Got some parts ordered and this weekend I'm meeting with my welder friend over some of the stuff I prefer to have him do.

As for the rest of ya, you sure have been a quiet bunch here lately. About the only problem I had was figuring out the new way to post a video. But now I've got that down. Mike has done a fantastic job making this place a great website.

Now if I just had a big pile of money, I'd have the touring car built. :pilot:

I'm still here, I have been real busy for the last couple of weeks. I haven't had enough time to hardly even look at my car. I think things are starting to slow down for me, so I will be able to spend some time on the forum.

Eric

I am new here but I am re-learning because I lurked for a full two years before I joined! I feel like I know some of you pretty well!

Im not very computer literate, but I took the advice given on P1 and kicked Explorer to touch and life is still good. Like everyone else, Im starting to get the hang of these new formats.

Its racing season down here so we are trying to get the bucket ready, get the T coupe legal and ready for cruising & make a living and pay our share of the tax burden.

Cheers
Todd

I really enjoy this forum because so many people are helpful when someone post a problem or question.
I have not started my T yet, so i am only reading and learning.
learning to use this site has been easy so far.
I learn something new everyday , probably wont remember it tomarrow.!!!!!

It seems traffic is fairly steady. The numbers are down from where they should be, so perhaps the software change had a bigger effect than we had originally hoped. :) I had to make a business decision and this was our best option. Donations are flowing in well (thank you, everyone!), so it's not as if the wolf is at the door quite yet.

We have a member of this site setting up yet another competitive site, so I suspect that will end up diluting the traffic numbers even further. I've always felt competition has the benefit of making the competitive parties stronger, but every moment someone spends on a competitive site is a moment they are not spending here. I've done my best to offer our users the most secure and robust forum experience I can offer. This site is what it is and if it isn't enough, that's OK with me. It's not as if I just have to have a T-Bucket forum site, aye?

We're coming into the holiday season and perhaps people are spending more times with friends and family, which makes more sense than tapping away on a computer keyboard all the time anyway. :tan:

The forum change (for the better) was a temporary hiccup for some members but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Besides yourself there were others that offered suggestions and help to anyone that needed it so. I believe the temporary slow down is due to the 2 major holidays and the change of seasons. In my case winter is here in Northern Illinois and my bucket is put away in my unheated garage until about April. All last week I had a house full of out of town company and in a couple of weeks we will be doing it all over again. That just doesn't leave a lot of time for playing on the computer.

It seems traffic is fairly steady. The numbers are down from where they should be, so perhaps the software change had a bigger effect than we had originally hoped. :thinkn: I had to make a business decision and this was our best option. Donations are flowing in well (thank you, everyone!), so it's not as if the wolf is at the door quite yet.

We have a member of this site setting up yet another competitive site, so I suspect that will end up diluting the traffic numbers even further. I've always felt competition has the benefit of making the competitive parties stronger, but every moment someone spends on a competitive site is a moment they are not spending here. I've done my best to offer our users the most secure and robust forum experience I can offer. This site is what it is and if it isn't enough, that's OK with me. It's not as if I just have to have a T-Bucket forum site, aye?

We're coming into the holiday season and perhaps people are spending more times with friends and family, which makes more sense than tapping away on a computer keyboard all the time anyway. :winkn:

Mike, I believe that you have done an EXCELLENT job on the "new" site. If I, the computer dummy, can have no problem with the new format then anyone can use it. I know that with the transition there were some that refused to stay with you. Their expertize will be missed but there are others that are more than willing to give their help and advise to see that other members can safely complete their cars.

Even though I am on the "other" site that you mention, I am here several times a day to keep abreast of what is going on and offer any help that I can. I have made several friends here and enjoy helping the guys whenever I can.

Jim

Well it looks like people are coming back... good to have you all here.

I'm still here :thinkn:

I'm still around, but I was sans internet for about a week while I moved to my new house.:winkn: I'm still unpacking and painting, all while still doing the 9-5, so my time is limited. I'm working on getting up to date on the posts, but it may take a few more days....

Mike: the new site is getting better and better...they'll all be back and more will follow!:thinkn:

I'm still here too. :thinkn: After a year working on the "T" I started spending some time on my other car so no activity on the T right now but still lurking.

Mike, I was a little frustrated at first but switched to Firefox and it's now my browser of choice. I eventually realized that photos and emoticons were not working only in the older posts and there was nothing wrong with what I was doing. :winkn: Keep up the great work. :hoist:

Well, I'm still here. It seems the slight change in the new format started working on my desk top, so I'm happy. I've been working on a few changes to my T and will post pics soon. I tried a one use camera and the pics sucked, so I'm looking to get a digi.

Changes I've done:

Thicker front radius rods from RPM.
Chrome hydralic shocks for the front
New seats (just came today and NOT bombers) they look SWEET!
'23 grill shell (just came today)
radiator repair next week

Stuff to come:
new column drop
trim rings for the wheels

Like I said, I'll be posting pics soon!

Well, I'm still here also. Drop in once a day. People have "real" lives off the internet and I suppose that "real" life always takes precedence over cyber life. Looking forward to seeing Fred's T in a slightly new form (would like to see a semi-formal layout, maybe have his girl do the shoot). I've been busy looking for a job, keeping the small massage business that I have going (Jan -April 2010 it will just die out, discretionary income for most clients), and I have discovered golf. I'm at the driving range three to four times a week @ 7:00 AM. Great way to start the day.

Sure wish the "improving economy" would "trickel down" to me. John

P.S. Hey Fred, did Christmas come early this year? Also have you been out and about in the T lately?

Let's see,,, Since the big "change" my fellow T-Bucket friends have saved me from buying the wrong guages. Saving 260 bucks plus shipping and handleing. Shared info about the Turkety Run in Daytona where I purchased many things for a saving of 3 or 4 hundred dollars. Kept me company in hotels in Indiana, Pensilvania, Jacksonville Florida,,, Savings PRICELESS! It is what it is and it's still the best out there. I just haven't figured out why it's the same contributors month after month??? Just think how much the knowledge from all the great folks on this sight save you and through in a buck or so a month.

Mike, THANK YOU!!! There is no way without this web sight I would be where I am on my build or have met the great friends I've met.

Yeah, but you just know if you leave you will suffer a cut in pay. :winkn:

OK I'll stay around, I don't think I could live on less than I'm getting now. :winkn: I might :thinkn: once in a while and maybe lurk, but I try to read every post. :hoist:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back