Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where to get new windshield frame?

Tyus

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places that sell new windshield frames? Speedway has a month wait for the size I need. I don't like the rounded tops like california customs has. Thanks

Speedway seem to be the only option for 39 inch unless you build your own they are not that tough to do.

NewWshieldPostGroove3.jpg

Postnotdrilledyet3.jpg
Here is a topic on this including Windshield posts.

Windshield posts

Thanks for the link...Saw that thread in my search on this topic. I don't have the time or a my welder anymore to even attempt to make my own. Then I would have to have it chromed. I would rather spend the $ for this. lol. I was just hoping there was a another place I haven't found in my search. Thanks again.

Yes the cost now days is real crazy, they used to cost $15 for the top and bottom frames, (same for the glass) and round top to boot, square tops were just two bottoms... I just used the square top when running a top and keeping it on all the time... take it off, switch to the round top frame... To each his own when it comes to likes and dislikes of T Buckets parts...

Do you want new? What are you building?

The previous owner "fixed" 2 of the corners on mine and one has a small crack. Plus the whole thing is chrome except for the fixed corners and looks aweful. If someone makes them on here I could always buy it and paint it the same color as the body

I have tried to find a company that would roll tubing for windshield frames but haven't had any luck. At one time someone here was going to try to get the name of the suppier for Total but I believe they were told it was a closely guarded secret. Finding the half round for the nut plates is easy.

If anyone has a lead on the tubing, let me know.

Ron

I have tried to find a company that would roll tubing for windshield frames but haven't had any luck. At one time someone here was going to try to get the name of the suppier for Total but I believe they were told it was a closely guarded secret. Finding the half round for the nut plates is easy.

If anyone has a lead on the tubing, let me know.

Ron
Call Jim at Wintec he said he would sell me any size i wanted.Plus the fill stock.

Hello everyone,

When I got my T it came with the short style window frame.

For the most part it is a hollow steel tube with a window channel. Not much to it.

I have always liked the looks of a taller original style frame.

I purchased a used frame from one of the members on this site for a good fair price.

When I got the windshield, the glass was shattered out, and the top of the frame now has a couple of dents ALL DUE to the shipping company.

My good deal was not looking so good now.

I really wanted a Polished Solid Aluminum Frame.

My fear was that the Speedway frame would be just like my short frame but chrome.

I recently got one from Cal Customs "Ted's old company" and I'm so glad I got it.

It is Very Well Built & Solid...

...Just my 2 cents.

Hello everyone,

When I got my T it came with the short style window frame.

For the most part it is a hollow steel tube with a window channel. Not much to it.

I have always liked the looks of a taller original style frame.

I purchased a used frame from one of the members on this site for a good fair price.

When I got the windshield, the glass was shattered out, and the top of the frame now has a couple of dents ALL DUE to the shipping company.

My good deal was not looking so good now.

I really wanted a Polished Solid Aluminum Frame.

My fear was that the Speedway frame would be just like my short frame but chrome.

I recently got one from Cal Customs "Ted's old company" and I'm so glad I got it.

It is Very Well Built & Solid...

...Just my 2 cents.

I just got a email back from them. They have a 2 month wait.

I personally think that it is worth the wait.

Mine took about 2 1/2 weeks.

A lucky call just before they started a run of frames.

Mine is a 39 so it wasn't on their shelf.

-Good luck

Since the subject of windshied frames was already going I thought I waould post my question here. I have a machine shop next door to my shop that is willing to help out on my W/S frame. Can someone with Speedway stantions Item #: 91656231 tell me what the OD of the tubing is? Were going to do them in Aluminum round stock and then polish them. After the mill is set up it shouldn't take too long and sure won't cost me $400....ruggs
916562313_R.jpg

Since the subject of windshied frames was already going I thought I waould post my question here. I have a machine shop next door to my shop that is willing to help out on my W/S frame. Can someone with Speedway stantions Item #: 91656231 tell me what the OD of the tubing is? Were going to do them in Aluminum round stock and then polish them. After the mill is set up it shouldn't take too long and sure won't cost me $400....ruggs
916562313_R.jpg

Ruggs I just measured my posts the inside where the windsheild frame goes is a 0.90 inches approximate they have a rough finish on the inside. the outside measures 1.33 inches

Ruggs I just measured my posts the inside where the windsheild frame goes is a 0.90 inches approximate they have a rough finish on the inside. the outside measures 1.33 inches
[/quote

Where did 1.33 come from/I've used both posts and same windshield from speedway.if you zero your mics. the windshield is .8982..875 plus chrome.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back