Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where to get new windshield frame?

Rick, I think your number is right. I was remembering The tube OD as 7/8, which is inline with what you measured. Lawerence must have measured the casting of the stantions where the tube attaches. Thanks to you both.....ruggs

Rick, I think your number is right. I was remembering The tube OD as 7/8, which is inline with what you measured. Lawerence must have measured the casting of the stantions where the tube attaches. Thanks to you both.....ruggs

10-4 I measured the casting which is the part # that was listed. the tube OD is 7/8 + chrome

As it works out it is 35.00 in material, 60.00 to machine shop plus the cost of glass, rubber, Mounts and fasteners I should get this done for $325.00 complete, Much better than 400.00 plus mounts, rubber and glass.....ruggs

As it works out it is 35.00 in material, 60.00 to machine shop plus the cost of glass, rubber, Mounts and fasteners I should get this done for $325.00 complete, Much better than 400.00 plus mounts, rubber and glass.....ruggs
How much for the glass? Here in Taylor michigan at Harmon Glass it's $87.00 for both pieces top and bottom.

How much for the glass? Here in Taylor michigan at Harmon Glass it's $87.00 for both pieces top and bottom.
Rick, My W/S is for a C-cab, its only 14" tall. It will be in 2 pieces, one @ 3 3/4 and one @ 10". $40.00 but that includes a 3/8 hole for a manual wiper to pass thru. It works on the favor system, he does all my glass work for my customers.....ruggs

I've posted this before but can't find it, anyway, I made my frame out of 7/8 6061 t-6 alum. round stock, made a jig to cut the groove on my table saw , took 9 passes to get a groove 3/8 X 3/8. Made another jig to miter cut the frame sections w/ my mitre saw then drilled & tapped the joints together w/10/32 machine screws, added 2 -1/16 pins at 90* to the screws to maintain alignment, used 1/16 threaded rubber sheet stock to bed the glass , has been together for 10 years w/ no problem . Has been over 100 mph many times. Local glass shop charged $65 to furnish & cut the glass. The frame material cost about $12 for 12' . Unfortunatley , build pictures were lost when old computer crashed .

dave

I guess we're thinking along the same lines. Do you still have the car? If so can we see the finished product. I think the prices have gone up a bit in the last 10 years....ruggs

You bet I've still got it! The only place I know to see the car is to look at the thread here in the forum titled "how to post pictures for computer illiterate [that's me] . tell me if you can see it O.K.. if not , when I get back from the daughter's easter dinner, I'll TRY to do better

dave

You bet I've still got it! The only place I know to see the car is to look at the thread here in the forum titled "how to post pictures for computer illiterate [that's me] . tell me if you can see it O.K.. if not , when I get back from the daughter's easter dinner, I'll TRY to do better

dave
Dave,
Great picture and very nice car. Any other pictures close up.....?....ruggs

I'd like to get that frame Speedway shows their Tribute T has, but, can anyone tell me where in their catalog this windshield is located?

Why have it on their T-Bucket if they don't sell it?

Pictures of Dave's homebrew W/S frame. It works for me.....ruggs
DSCN3481.jpg

DSCN3479_2.jpg

DSCN3484.jpg

Ruggs, thank you for posting the pics, I hope this helps., if not I can take more. Taking a look at the pictures made me realize how badly I needed to clean up . Sorry 'bout that! thanks for the compliment !!

dave

" Taking a look at the pictures made me realize how badly I needed to clean up. "

Dave,
Now I don't feel bad for thinking, Get some polish!.....just kidding.....ruggs

Yea yea... in case your interested ,I made the windwing bracket's and mirror bases also...

dave
Dave,
Like I said "works for me" I thought that you made them but, by no means do they look homemade, nice work, get so polish Dave.........ruggs

Tyus4,
Did you ever find your W/S frame? Maybe we talked you into building your own custom....ruggs

Hey rugg's ,Iread on this thread you were going to have a 3/8" hole drilled in your windshield for a wiper. I have the speedway electric wiper on my car & am curious if I could do the same, if it would hold the weight? watcha think? would sure make it easier to put a top on!

dave

Hey rugg's ,Iread on this thread you were going to have a 3/8" hole drilled in your windshield for a wiper. I have the speedway electric wiper on my car & am curious if I could do the same, if it would hold the weight? watcha think? would sure make it easier to put a top on!

dave
Dave,
The manual wiper weighs next to nothing, I will have a small tab welded to the top frame (both sides) to support it. An electric unit mounted thru the glass without support IMO would be pushing the limits. It'll only take a small amount of preasure on the edge of glass to start a running crack........ruggs

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back