Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Why is gas going stupid

It's all a big game that is played by big oil, plain and simple, otherwise known as supply and demand. They have the SUPPLY and they'll DEMAND the price that they want. IMHO

Jim

I often wonder how much truth there is to these statements. While fracking shale has opened up a lot of oil/gas reserves it comes at a very high cost. Not to mention all the gov't BS that is involved now. The wells I drill cost around $3 million per well. That is just the drilling side. I've been told that the fracking side cost just as much or more then the drilling costs. Then you have the cost of pipelines and refineries to support as well. There is a lot more time and man power involved than people think.

With a free market society if there was cheap gas out there someone like walmart would be selling it to get an edge over everyone else if possible and it has not happened.

My kid is in Tucson Az can still get it 2.97 gallon.

We've jumped right back up to $3.84. I am confident we'll be over $3.90 before the weekend arrives.

Can you imagine what life would be like if all merchants could get away with the tactics of hording, price-fixing and gouging that the oil companies employ every day?

Was in South Carolina this weekend. Gas was comparatively cheap - about 3.13/gal for 87... Still highway robbery!:mad:

$4.15 this morning in the western suburbs of Chicago, I remember when I started driving in 1959 gas was .25 cents a gallon.

$4.29 this morning in Muskegon, Michigan.

We are still at $3.23 here in Oviedo, Florida.

Jim

Looks like the midwest is taking it in the shorts while us southern guys are getting away cheap.

Jim

The local newspaper is saying that Michigan has the 2nd highest fuel prices in the country. Can anyone guess who has the highest priced fuel?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back