Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1551 Edelbrock E Force Supercharger ?

Keith Bowman

I have been interested in the 1551 blower for my 350 chevy--i had a few questions so i went to the source and called Edelbrock---they told me they were no longer making this model, so i asked if there was a newer kit, guess not, does anyone else make a kit with this design similar helix& blow off valve?
Thanks, Keith

If you look around and find a complete kit on Fleabay, buy it. They still have to carry parts for them....Edelbrock, Holley and B&M make similiar ones.
If you really want one similiar, with good results and and quality, go get a Whipple....they have a real high helix on the rotors, hold good pressure and make less noise....
It all depends on what you want and like. There are alot of kits out there, find one you like, look at the options and go for it....
Once you go blown, nothing else quite measures up....it gets in your blood....

If you look around and find a complete kit on Fleabay, buy it. They still have to carry parts for them....Edelbrock, Holley and B&M make similiar ones.
If you really want one similiar, with good results and and quality, go get a Whipple....they have a real high helix on the rotors, hold good pressure and make less noise....
It all depends on what you want and like. There are alot of kits out there, find one you like, look at the options and go for it....
Once you go blown, nothing else quite measures up....it gets in your blood....
Thanks for the info,the whipple, it looks like a really good choice-do you know who has the best deals ? Thanks, Keith

What I would do if I were you, search on Ebay, theres a couple of co's that have their store front there, dealing with speed equipment. If you go straight to Whipple, they are kinda expensive. But they're good. These shops on Ebay will cut you some slack because they sell on quantity.....
The Hi-Helix rotors hold good boost down low, the throttle response is almost instantaneous, and will pull from down low....Shop around. The reg. GMC Roots blower, you can pick up a cpmplete bolton kit that comes with everything for the price of a small whipple. The wow factor is bigger, and nothing spells performance like a big 6-71 hanging out there for the whole world to see, 2x4bbls up on top with a 3" Gilmer singing up a storm.
Now THOSE you can pick up for about $3000 if you look around....ready to bolt on and drive....

The 6-71's heat up the intake charge more that the small ones, but if you set it up 'tight', you can get good boost down low also with them. BUT, they look so much 'Cooler' than the small ones....

Here ya go, all you'd need are 2 carbs, with linkage kit, aircleaners or scoop, and to tune your motor to the blower. Shop around, you could pick up a good used complete setup for about 3500-3800 carbs and all. It'll take you a few weeks to find one....but they're out there. I picked up one last week from a guy for 2800, carbs and all, the guy was desperate and the fella who needed one was chompin' at the bit to put one on his 383.... I had to go thru the carbs, they had been sitting for a few years, and had to reclearence the blower....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Weiand-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589bd5ca29&vxp=mtr

Sorry I didn't mention that i need an underhood or low profile blower(76 nova)---Vermont has a rigid 7'' hood scoop law--thats a real deal on the 6-71 wish i could use it---wish it was going on a T but the nova was cheap and already a driver !
Thanks, Keith

If your gonna go underhood, you have Holley, B&M, Procharger, Magnacharger, Whipple, and the like. For a underhood supercharger, on the cheap, Paxton is the way to go.....
They're small, run with a single V-belt, offer great boost and are easy to plumb up if your mechanically inclined.
Head on over to the HAMB....theres several guys over there that have the B&M's and Paxtons for sale. If none here, or the HAMB, call BDS or the Blower Shop, theres usually one that wasn't paid for floating around.....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back